Anyone here remember G4TechTv's "Cinematech" (2002-2008)?

Traeger91

Still Mildly Glowing
This is how I learned of upcoming games when I was a kid (no real access to a pc until I was 18)

I occasionally talked with people in school about games from time to time, but I was never really in the know of new or old releases, so most games I bought were crapshoots. Luckily I did end up with some personal favorite series like DMC, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil as well as several others (alongside some other titles that escape me at the moment).

Also, most games I'd played as a child were largely Nintendo titles (or at the very least a port on the system). It wasn't until I was 14-15 that I got a PS2, where a lot of my personal favorite games come from.

My experience with XBOX titles is very limited, as in I've only played the original XBOX (once) at my cousins friends house (the game was Counter Strike) and the 360 (again once) at a neighbors house (the game was one of the Halos). Needless to say, when I play a game on Steam, GOG etc., that only uses XBOX button prompts, there's an issue.

Finally, sorry for my spastic way of typing (jumping from one thing to another), needless to say, there's a reason I keep responses short.

Last edited:
I remember cinematech. They used to show the old illegal danish wow movie zin wrath throughout an entire episode. That got me into wow where I met my wife lol

I remember cinematech. They used to show the old illegal danish wow movie zin wrath throughout an entire episode. That got me into wow where I met my wife lol
I will say that, some of the humor (of early TechTV/G4) reminds me of internet reviewers form the late 2000's. Which is in all likelihood, is where a lot of those people got their inspiration from. Also, they had a lot of other shows, both early on and through the merger, that I'm still a bit nostalgia for as well. Though a lot of the other acquired shit, like cheaters and cops, can fuck right off. Also, thanks for the reply, I didn't know if this would get anyone's attention.

Some of the other shows I liked were:
Extended Play/X-play (before the insanity)
Judgement Day (co hosted by Victor Lucas and Tommy Tallarico)
Cheat! (not to be confused with Cheaters)
Filter
Eye Drops (which showed off a lot of computer animation)
Action Blast, an early morning block, dedicated to various Hasbro shows from the 80's/90's and 2000's (it was a precursor to The Hub)
Anime Unleashed

I will say that I haven't seen a lot of these shows in close to two decades, so I have no clue how they hold up. And yes, I had to look some of the names of the shows up, as I forgot a few

Last edited:
I will say that, some of the humor (of early TechTV/G4) reminds me of internet reviewers form the late 2000's. Which is in all likelihood, is where a lot of those people got their inspiration from. Also, they had a lot of other shows, both early on and through the merger, that I'm still a bit nostalgia for as well. Though a lot of the other acquired shit, like cheaters and cops, can fuck right off. Also, thanks for the reply, I didn't know if this would get anyone's attention.

Filter
Action Blast, an early morning block, dedicated to various Hasbro shows from the 80's/90's and 2000's (it was a precursor to The Hub)
Anime Unleashed

I will say that I haven't seen a lot of these shows in close to two decades, so I have no clue how they hold up. And yes, I had to look some of the names of the shows up, as I forgot a few

Tommy Tallarico!
He made the sound, man!

Tommy Tallarico!
He made the sound, man!
Watching Judgement Day was interesting, as Victor and Tommy approached how they each reviewed a game or product differently. They each gave reasons as to why they liked or disliked a game and while scoring was a part of the show, it never seemed to be a determining factor as to the overall quality of the game. Basically, how they expressed their differing opinions, was that one was a "Spiderman guy" and the other was a "Batman guy".

Filter
Anime Unleashed
I vividly remember the wow episode of cheat lol. Grand times, I watched x play, cheat, attack of the show and cinematech.

Tommy Tallarico!
He made the sound, man!
His mother is very proud.

It took me days to find out what you were talking about, as I don't follow essayists and or drama channels.
I assume you mean how he has gone insane in the last 10 years or so. Between all the supposed world records he holds and him thinking he invented the Oof sound from Roblox by himself.

I assume you mean how he has gone insane in the last 10 years or so. Between all the supposed world records he holds and him thinking he invented the Oof sound from Roblox by himself.
Pretty much, yes, I wasn't aware of any of it. And to be honest, I don't care either way. As the thing I remember him from is what I care about.

Pretty much, yes, I wasn't aware of any of it. And to be honest, I don't care either way. As the thing I remember him from is what I care about.

You should definitely look up hbomberguy's video on Roblox sound and Tallarico. Pure gold.

You should definitely look up hbomberguy's video on Roblox sound and Tallarico. Pure gold.
Generally speaking, I've tried to make my internet experiences short as of late. As if I'm on too long, I'll end up hating most everything. As the constant barrage of others opinions, doesn't give me time to form my own. In this case, I've decided that I just don't care about the topic. Also, I find I can more easily enjoy a piece of media, when I don't know every little thing about the people involved.

Generally speaking, I've tried to make my internet experiences short as of late. As if I'm on too long, I'll end up hating most everything. As the constant barrage of others opinions, doesn't give me time to form my own. In this case, I've decided that I just don't care about the topic. Also, I find I can more easily enjoy a piece of media, when I don't know every little thing about the people involved.

And you joined NMA?

Yeah, you can figure out more precisely what you care about in any medium if you don't have people ready to assert their opinions to you five times over. I understand the lack of desire to hear reviews and shit. I find that most of the games I finished are ones I'd rate higher than most people would. Probably because I rarely finish out a game if I don't like it enough and I don't find it fair to have a review/score without significant time given to the piece (relatively speaking). Jay-Z said he took issue with album reviews in music because they came out so quickly, "First of all, you can’t listen to an album and rate it in a day. It’s just impossible…And when I see that I’m like ‘Oh, so this is all just bullshit.’” And I agree with the sentiment but the fact is that the internet is fast and whoever drops the first reviews, analysis, etc. will get the bulk of traffic while anyone who mulls over the thing will need to significantly stand out more which requires a lot more work and causes even more lagging behind in the zeitgeist of reviewing media.

You can't listen to an album and give it a review on day one. I earnestly dislike that. I've heard albums that I hated and turned into something I really enjoyed over time after giving it another shot. But I am probably an outlier in general because I disagree with how a lot of art and media is handled and viewed/appreciated in the modern day (modern day as in probably back to the 1920s or some shit).

But there is a great irony in that statement and being a new member here.

Yeah, you can figure out more precisely what you care about in any medium if you don't have people ready to assert their opinions to you five times over. I understand the lack of desire to hear reviews and shit. I find that most of the games I finished are ones I'd rate higher than most people would. Probably because I rarely finish out a game if I don't like it enough and I don't find it fair to have a review/score without significant time given to the piece (relatively speaking). Jay-Z said he took issue with album reviews in music because they came out so quickly, "First of all, you can’t listen to an album and rate it in a day. It’s just impossible…And when I see that I’m like ‘Oh, so this is all just bullshit.’” And I agree with the sentiment but the fact is that the internet is fast and whoever drops the first reviews, analysis, etc. will get the bulk of traffic while anyone who mulls over the thing will need to significantly stand out more which requires a lot more work and causes even more lagging behind in the zeitgeist of reviewing media.

You can't listen to an album and give it a review on day one. I earnestly dislike that. I've heard albums that I hated and turned into something I really enjoyed over time after giving it another shot. But I am probably an outlier in general because I disagree with how a lot of art and media is handled and viewed/appreciated in the modern day (modern day as in probably back to the 1920s or some shit).

But there is a great irony in that statement and being a new member here.
That's an easy answer, I joined because I wanted to talk about Fallout or as most people call it "Classic Fallout". The conversations I contribute to are largely ones that I have an interest in, or at the very least reached an independent opinion about. The reason I don't watch/dislike long format essayist channels, is the same reason I don't watch msm; because it's part, if not outright personal opinions. Just give me the available information and let me decide. But again, in this case, I don't care about Roblox or Tommy Tallarico.

Hbomberguy's video on Tommy Tallarico isn't really a negative one, it's just more of a comedy video on Tommy's questionable claims.

And honestly, the video didn't made me dislike Tommy, he actually seems like a genuine fun person. He just says some weird stuff.

Last edited:
Back