Anyone making new schematics?

Risuun

First time out of the vault
Is there anyone making new schematics?

I think it'd be a great way to create new things as well as upgrading existing items! You could have a schematic that takes your armour and adds new resistances or features. What about breaking an item down into parts? How does the game handle lots of schematics? I looked in G.E.C.K. and I haven't figured out how the schematics work yet.

Ah, I checked further into G.E.C.K. and found that it is one script on the workbench that ties it all together.

One could edit this, but each schematics mod would be incompatible with each other :(

Risuun said:
Ah, I checked further into G.E.C.K. and found that it is one script on the workbench that ties it all together.

One could edit this, but each schematics mod would be incompatible with each other :(

Well, it can be negated by a script that checks if a player is near a workbench, and adding the schematic to the player - which then could be equipped to make an appropriate item... and removing those when the player is away from the workbench.
Yea, it will put extra strain on CPU, but comparing to other things it's SO minor....

Back