Are aliens really that unwelcome in Fallout?

Now that Fallout 4 has released and we've been exposed to exasperated sigh inducing lore about Lovecraftian cults/horrors and ancient civilizations buried underneath the Earth, it's got me thinking that perhaps little green men in UFOs aren't that out of place in Fallout.

Now, as a disclaimer I will say that regardless of what my thoguhts of aliens in Fallout are, Mothership Zeta was an awful DLC and the idea that aliens began the Great War is quite possibly the worst idea since placing a sex offenders clinic next to a school.

But yeah, are aliens really that out of place? I actually feel they're quite appropriate, what with the sci-fi craze of the 1950s with bulbous headed little green men being the most prominent among sci-fi images from that era. UFOs are an absolute classic pulp sci-fi story, and Fallout draws a lot of inspiration from that genre.

So, honestly I don't get the fuss. The odd reference or "They're out there" tier sighting would actually be a benefit to the setting in my book. Feel free to discuss and/or disagree.
The original fallout is heavily based on star control 2 and tim wanted the game to go in a direction where the released vault dwellers would be ready to do space travel to find a better Earth

Back