Armor Recipe Mods

Idiotfool

Still Mildly Glowing
Rather than start a new thread, I've decided to edit the existing...

I've added in a recipe for the Armored Vault 21 Suit, which is visually similar to the Classic Pack's Armored Vault 13 Suit. I changed the stat enhancements for the armored 21 suit to match the regular suit, since it seemed silly to lose the stat gains already there. Can't decide if DT is a good level, but that's what the Vault 13 one had.

Screenshots

In addition to the obvious requirement of a Vault 21 suit, I chose 3 Gecko Hides, Wonderglue and Scrap Metal as the ingredients. I would've used Leather Belt, as well, but I couldn't find any in Goodsprings, and I wanted this to be available at least somewhat early. I would also have used Tanned Gecko Hide to make it more difficult to acquire, but I can't find any gorram nettle to make the hides. If anybody can verify that these items can be acquired before the fight with the Powder Ganger, then I will gladly change the recipe ingredients.

Also, is 25 survival too low for this sort of skill? What are your thoughts?

Idiotfool originally said:
I pre-ordered from Gamestop and got the Armored Vault Suit. It looks pretty cool and I used it for quite awhile.

My question is: what are the legalities in having a "mod" with all the rest of the pre-order equipment? It seems like it'd be pretty easy for me, at least, to put up mine. Surely others have the other pre-order bonus material?

The only legal way to actually do it would to be to completely recreate the items for the mod. While taking all the actual items from the DLC would be illegal

The classic is pretty much just a texture mod. You can just modify the armoured Vault 21 jumpsuit and get the same results.

Tagaziel said:
The classic is pretty much just a texture mod. You can just modify the armoured Vault 21 jumpsuit and get the same results.

They all seem to be minor texture mods with some stat tweaking.

In my opinion, they are not worth using anyway. They totally shatter the game balance right in the beginning of the game and are therefore kind of cheat mods.

I agree about the cheats, I just wanted to have them available in-game.

I'd like to see them as armor recipes or modifications that can be acquired later in the game for those who don't have the pre-order packs.

I do see armored vault 21 armor in the Geck, so I may just do that. The weight-reduced metal and leather armors, I'm not sure on. I'll have to look around.

The lightweight leather is a god-awful retex, you can still see the ring and strap of the pauldrons on the model, it's just been textured black like the rest of the armor. Texture fail.

Faceless_Stranger said:
The lightweight leather is a god-awful retex, you can still see the ring and strap of the pauldrons on the model, it's just been textured black like the rest of the armor. Texture fail.

Interesting. Does anybody know if the lightweight metal armor is the same way?

Edit: I played around some more today. Let me know what you all think of these before I upload anything to the nexus, please...

Recipes
Armor Creation
Armored Vault 21 Suit
(Needs Repair skill level of 30, 2x Tanned Gecko Hides, Scrap metal, Leather Belt & Vault 21 Suit)

Lightweight Leather Armor
(Needs Repair skill level of 30, Leather Armor, Wonder Glue and a Knife)

Armor Breakdown
Leather Armor
(Needs Repair skill level of 25; yields Merc Adventurer Outfit, Leather belt & Tanned Gecko Hide

--
I'm not super satisfied with the leather armor stuff. I wanted the lightweight armor to require a knife, but I'm not sure if that's scriptable and, if it is, how the player would know a knife was needed. It's also hard to say what would make the armor as protective while losing some material, so all I could reasonably use from existing misc. items was wonderglue.

Breaking down armor: I'm not sure if I should go all the way to various types of leather or if I should do some leather and a base outfit as I've done. What do others say?

Unrelated to armors: for unique weapons like the sturdy shotgun, I was thinking that components could be a broken shotgun, duct tape and scrap metal. I almost never encounter broken weapons in the game, though, so I'm not sure on the feasability here. Thoughts?

Ill see what I can do about Leather Armor texture

btw how to preview the DLC armor in Geck?

Back