BIS Mapper: unknown 'somthing' is blocking the hex

notdefix

First time out of the vault
Hi,

Is there any method to figure out what is blocking a hex?

I've two hexes (that I know of) that are blocking both movement and placing stuff. In hex view, they show up as red.

scr00000.JPG

I've tried deleting and/or moving it as scenery, wall, tile, etc. But there seems to be nothing there... except for the fact that the hex is still blocked (which is particularly inconvenient, because it is at the exact spot of a doorway).

Anyone got any suggestions as to how I could get rid of the unknown something?

Cheers

Ah thanks, that helped me remove 1 of the 3 blocked hexes (it turned out be a stray wall blocker).

I suspect that at least one of the other two could maybe be 'elevator stub' scenery (#1292).

Any suggestions on how to remove (or move) an elevator stub'?

Hmm, that didn't work. I'm guessing the 'delete spatial script' command only deletes the script, not the actual scenery.

I checked through the map's TEXT output file and confirmed the two hexes blocked by an invisible something are indeed blocked by an 'elevator stub'.

How can I remove the 'elevator stub' scenery? (I tried changing the art for it into something non-invisible, but they do not show up). Anyone out there that has an idea?

Edit
ok, replaced the elevstub.frm in the art/scenery directory with another .frm file and now I can remove it.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Back