Bloodlines 2 just got a new trailer!

He was not fired from Bloodlines 2, his contract ended normally in 2018. But then management decided to scrap everything he made (even before scrapping the entire game).

If you're interested he wrote a pretty interesting retrospective on Medium.

https://chrisavellone.medium.com/what-the-fuck-happened-to-bloodlines-2-1ad557bf2284

I worked on Bloodlines 2 for almost 2 and a half years, from 2016 to mid-2018, then my contract came to an end. They didn’t use anything I wrote during that time, which was a number of major characters and side missions, check my LinkedIn. This made me sad, but it’s not my choice. The whole experience was like the last five minutes of Barton Fink (not the beach scene, the scene before it, know-it-all), but stretched out over 2 and a half years. Even if I had known all that work was useless, I’d have written anyway, even though its part of your life you don’t get back, so you can’t really dwell on it too much. I’ve been on projects where a LOT more got thrown away… as Bloodlines 2 proved for almost everyone on it in the end, apparently.

i heard this game changed hands when it comes to dev-teams a lot, nothing good comes out of it, i have low expectations but i have a feeling even like this they'll manage to fumble it.

Back