Breaking Bad

[spoiler:5b4ba01980]I don't know if you noticed but two episodes ago, when Walt is looking at his car the bullet hole is in the middle of his head. I'm pretty sure that was just foreshadowing to his death, by violent means[/spoiler:5b4ba01980]
Considering how well written the show is in general, I don't think we'll get a non-ending like in the Sopranos. Although, if they truly have plans for a later movie like they've hinted before, I'm kind of nervous.

I think it will be a complete ending, since they've stressed several times that will be ''a proper ending, perfectly fitting the BrBa style''

Yes, I think it will be a full ending too.
The film, if there is one, will be a prequel of sorts, if I'm not wrong.

Brother None said:
Man, an "it was all a dream" ending is not a happy ending. That would cause mass riots in its terribleness.
I was sort of joking, of course, but on the other hand, I'd rather have a riot-inducing terrible ending than a ho-hum ending. It should be something no one will ever forget.

Besides, one of the best series conclusions in the history of television was an "it was all a dream" ending:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/06/17/20-years-ago-newhart-ends-with-a-shock/

I'm sure Breaking Bad's ending will be fine. The writers seem to generally know what they are doing...

Dexter's ending, on the other hand, was so bad it almost makes you regret watching the last few seasons of the show...

They did something similar in the sitcom Roseanne (yeah yeah guilty pleasure of mine) and I didn't mind it much.

Even if Jesse and Walt survive the last episode, their lives have been destroyed - they will be hunted by the police for the rest of their lives, notwithstanding they have lost the people most dear to them. Crime sucks... :P

If only Jesse had gotten into that van and started a new life, if only... :roll:

PS: I hope Walt kills that bitch - Lydia

Verd1234 said:
Dexter's ending, on the other hand, was so bad it almost makes you regret watching the last few seasons of the show...

Indeed. Kind of a let down. But then again, the past two seasons were not really good either, so why should the final be something different then...

What if Todd kills Walt, picks up his hat and become the new Heisenberg?

Just kidding, I just can't wait for the finale. :P

George32027 said:
What if Todd kills Walt, picks up his hat and become the new Heisenberg?

Something similar is quite possible.
Todd has already "picked up a hat", seeing he is (almost) a sole manufacturer of blue meth and Jesse will soon become fully obsolete to him, so in a way, he is the new Heisenberg already.

Walt and Jesse getting killed, and Todd/Jack/crew now becoming crimelords is not so far fetched. It would be a bitter ending, and this series has been bitter throughout, so it is possible.

I don't think it will happen, though.

Okay, okay...hear me out. Let's say they just copy the ending to Newhart.

Walt dies, then wakes up in bed next to Lois, Bryan Cranston's character's wife from Malcolm in the Middle. So the entire series Breaking Bad was just a nightmare in the mind of the father from Malcolm in the Middle.

:D

UniversalWolf said:
Okay, okay...hear me out. Let's say they just copy the ending to Newhart.

Walt dies, then wakes up in bed next to Lois, Bryan Cranston's character's wife from Malcolm in the Middle. So the entire series Breaking Bad was just a nightmare in the mind of the father from Malcolm in the Middle.

:D

Breaking+in+the+middle+_24298f52fe24641f16b9fb717d234a68.jpg

Well, I thought it was a pretty good ending. Vince Gilligan does a great job of creating characters that are a combination of good and bad to the point where you're not sure if they're bad but you still feel for them. That's how it was in the end for me. He did some messed up stuff throughout the show, but it was still pretty sad to see Walt go. They wrote the ending in a way that took care of most questions, but still didn't look too forced, and that takes some skill.

Christ. Just finished watching. I'm not exactly crying but my eyes are wet indeed. Never happened for a tv show.

It was very Heisenberg-style. I was kinda wondering all the time how he will wield that machinegun, heh.

I think it was a good ending, especially considering how high the expectations have been.

And I will forever hate Breaking Bad because the name Heisenberg will from now on be associated with a bald drug lord and not the genius physicist who was responsible for large parts of quantum mechanics.
Bundesarchiv_Bild183-R57262,_Werner_Heisenberg.jpg

Would the real Heisenberg please stand up?

Hassknecht said:
And I will forever hate Breaking Bad because the name Heisenberg will from now on be associated with a bald drug lord and not the genius physicist who was responsible for large parts of quantum mechanics.

Hate the misinformed, not the series.

Back