Broken Roads set to release on November 14th

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin

The post-apocalyptic RPG Broken Roads is set to release on November 14. There's s demo on Steam if you want to try it out. It doesn't look very post-apocalyptic to me but let's hope it turns out well!

Zero interest for this game...

tumbleweed-silence.gif

Why is there such a low interest? For one, it is an indie falloutlike - isometric and all. Also, that moral compass thing is smth curious, I don't think that's been in other games before.

Didn't try the demo, though.

I'll play it for sure once I have more time. Dunno why there isn't that much interest. Maybe the title image doesn't look that appealing to the majority of the people.

Maybe the title image doesn't look that appealing to the majority of the people.
That might very well be it. The title image says nothing to me and the game art-style isn't my cup of tea either. I want it to give me some emotion but it doesn't. To me it just lack the right kind of atmosphere.

Also the game doesn't look very post-apocalyptic to me. It could still turn out good though but that's up to the gameplay and writing.

I'll probably buy this when it's released. The demo was very promising. The lack of interest could be related to the invalid certificate warnings on this page; I've had a hard time even logging in for a while now.

What I find frustrating is that so far we have not had any information about the actual content of the game. I really would like to know something about the setting's lore and what possible main campaign there is.

Why is there such a low interest? For one, it is an indie falloutlike - isometric and all. Also, that moral compass thing is smth curious, I don't think that's been in other games before.

Didn't try the demo, though.
I'm actually very interested on this game. I don't have much to say before I get to actually play it for myself and see if it's as good as it seems to be, though.

A fail marketing process, as usual.

1. No recognizable female face anywhere. Dont ramble to me about realism or shit. In marketing, specifically marketing games, a (recognizable) female face hit the spot.

2. The visual dissonance between the name and the image. Broken Roads, either they go for Mad Max and thus desert and sands, or they go for Fallout visual which is urban ruins. But the image is a mix of Western cowboy adventurers than anything post apocalyptic.

3. And finally, no striking eyecatcher. Like, every frame of the video is so-so, flat like a still lake. There's no explosion, no sudden animation, which is a part of post apo combat game. movement is fine, but that's basic, you need explosion too.

Agree! Just do a new cover art with a hot babe and an awesome looking dude and then some haunting looking landscape in the background.

But it's also how the game looks, as you say, it doesn't look the least post apocalyptic. And the game doesn't look as gritty and rough, as it should do. I want war torn landscapes that fills you with dread. Or just a sense of abandonment. But I don't get any feelings from this.

e:
However the background here looks pretty good:

Last edited:
Well, to me it looks a lot like e.g. The Rover movie. It's "just" fucked up Australia. Not everything post-apocalyptic has to look like Bethsoft Fallout 3, with ruins and junk and garbage around every corner. It's not super believable either. So in that area, I'm totally on the side of the game.

Also, hot babes, explosions, etc... please... this shit on the cover makes me want to avoid the game. I'm not 14 anymore, if I want to be lured in with sex, I have other options than video games.

But yes, the current cover isn't the greatest style-wise. The thing is, it's not even a cover. It's more of a wallpaper or banner. Needs something catchy that is a bit smaller and not all that blown up.

The target of marketing is not you and I, the veterans of gaming. The target of marketing is to lure the broadest group of potential paying customer in. So babes, explosions, hot pacing of video... the usual stuffs.

A game marketing department that doesnt utilize all that to the fullest? Yeah, I spit on them for being unprofessional.

I keep saying to all the indie devs: you are not marketing professionals. Why the hell you coding guys keep messing where you dont belong, aka the marketing aspect~ This is professional shit you are messing, go to your art corner and stay out of it.

I'm pretty sure most of the successful indie titles in the past years do not have babes and explosions on their cover image.

You know it's funny, the first time I even heard about this game, was at the end of TriangleCity's video where he interviewed Fallout Tactics Lead Designer Ed Orman. He gave a shout out to it at the end of the video, good to know it's finally being released!

:ok: :-)

You know it's funny, the first time I even heard about this game, was at the end of TriangleCity's video where he interviewed Fallout Tactics Lead Designer Ed Orman. He gave a shout out to it at the end of the video, good to know it's finally being released!

:ok: :-)

Does Ed Orman work on this project?

Back