Call of Duty's 20th Anniversary.

TheKingofVault14

Fallout Fan For Life!
Call_of_Duty_(2003)_cover.jpg

It's been 20 years since the original Call of Duty was released on October 29th, 2003 for PC in North America, and ever since then it's had a lot of amazing moments & not so amazing moments. But nonetheless, there's no denying of the fact that it has had such an impact on gaming and really Pop Culture overall.

So in honor of it's 20th Anniversary, I would like to ask a simple question, does anyone on here have any good memories from playing any of the games? For me I'll start it off...

I'd say my favorite memory from playing these games, is the Call of Duty 4 campaign mission called All Ghillied Up! I liked that you can choose to play either a stealthy style, or a brute force guns blazing type style in order to progress through the mission. And either way works, so that was a plus! Also, Captain Macmillan's aim SUCKED from time to time, especially when fighting one sole enemy.

It also was the very thing that made me fascinated with all things surrounding the Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster at one point! from the ghost town of Pripyat, to the Nuclear Power Plant itself, & just the overall "Exclusion Zone" of Chernobyl and it's surrounding areas. Heh, all I can say to that is THANKS COD4!!!

:wink: :-D

So yeah, that's basically one of my favorite memories of the series overall. So what's yours?

:confused:

Last edited:
When I was in the army everyone played Modern Warfare. It was fun since we were all on consoles.

Treyarch games are ussually the best, more plausible than Modern Warfare series. I am talking about World at War, Black Ops 1 & 2, Black Ops Cold War.

Or that one title made by Sledgehammer studio, Advanced Warfare. That villain character played by Kevin Spacey is so damn make sense in some way.

I remember playing the first one. It was AMAZING. But I remember one mission I didn't like - the one one a boat, it was just off (or maybe it was COD2).

Well I played the first one when it was new, obviously. My dad saw me playing and thought it looked fun and wanted to try for himself. It was the rare occasion when he actually played a game.

He ended up playing the entire thing and I remember him being disappointed that there wasn't a historically accurate depiction of the battle of Berlin even though the game ends there.

He, me and my brother were then excited for CoD2. It was the first game I played with regenerating health and as a feature that just made the game a lot easier. There were some good bits in it, mainly the Soviet campaign I think but overall it wasn't as good as its predessor. CoD3 wasn't on PC and then CoD4 dropped WW2 which had been the big thing. I played some CoD4 multiplayer but could't understand why people even played it. Could't bother with the campaign, I wasn't thrilled by the change of setting.

By that point I had lost all interest in CoD as a series. However Advanced Warfare managed to make me somewhat interested again, mainly because it was covered outside of the gaming press because of the premise of its story, which security analysts actually thought plausible.

I played it on release and it was ok. In hindsight I'm glad that I was there to experience the press (f) meme as it came about.

Haven't touch any CoD game since and probably never ever will.

Back