CDPR thank to you Gamers! - CDPR Apreciation thread

I am way more excited about the Gwent game than I think I should be, but I absolutely loved playing in TW3, to the point where I spent hours just seeking out Gwent players.

I haven't played a whole lot of it yet, but it's fun and probably the best mini-game I've seen in a crpg so far. However, I find it very unbalanced and rng-based, with very little room for actual strategies. Works as a mini-game, but as an actual game? Curious about how they will balance it and not make it entirely pay-to-win.

Yeah, Gwent was definitely the most fun RPG minigame since Pazaak in KOTOR. I registered for the beta, and will probably buy it once it's released.

That said, from the look of the cards/interface it seems they will be making some changes to the rules. Hopefully not too many, Gwent's simplicity is a strength.

I haven't played a whole lot of it yet, but it's fun and probably the best mini-game I've seen in a crpg so far. However, I find it very unbalanced and rng-based, with very little room for actual strategies. Works as a mini-game, but as an actual game? Curious about how they will balance it and not make it entirely pay-to-win.

Witcher 3 is not a CRPG, i would call it as Action-RPG. it doesnt have character creation and black character for your roleplay.

they balance it by removing some of the OP faction and replace certain ability. there would be like deactivated card mechanic, like heartstone mana.

Yeah, Gwent was definitely the most fun RPG minigame since Pazaak in KOTOR. I registered for the beta, and will probably buy it once it's released.

That said, from the look of the cards/interface it seems they will be making some changes to the rules. Hopefully not too many, Gwent's simplicity is a strength.
its F2P.

Yeah, they will definitely need to have some sort of mana mechanic, since baseline Gwent is just not a competitive-ready game. Strength 10 cards being as easy to play as strength 1 cards is a bit silly.

Witcher 3 is not a CRPG, i would call it as Action-RPG. it doesnt have character creation and black character for your roleplay.

Huh, to me it's very much a crpg. It's a computer role-playing game, is it not? Yes, it's very action-oriented. But it's also very heavy on choice and consequence, and especially TW3 allows you to make many decisions based on your preferences for Geralt's behaviour. An rpg does not need a blank character. A developed character is also a role to be played.

I just want to thank CDPR for not just porting their games, we can clearly see in many games today that they are ports from console to PC or the opposite (clunky controls, awful UI, lack of game settings, etc), but after I just randomly stumbled on this article today.
They went to so much extreme to make The Witcher 2 for consoles that they had to almost remake the entire game from scratch...
Thanks you CDPR!

Article in question:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-making-of-the-witcher-2

So I installed the latest patch to TW3 along with all the free dlc (not used to gog and didn't realize until now that everything wasn't automatically installed) and was blown away by all the improvements. Someone said earlier that CDPR's reputation is all PR, and I can assure you that it's certainly not. It's very clear to me that this is a company that truly cares about making great games and not fucking their fans over for their last bit of cash.

I'm loving the shit out of TW3, for longer than I've held interest in a game since I can remember. It has many flaws (all those I mentioned earlier in this thread, along with some new ones I've found), but the good parts are seriously outweighing them. For now at least.

I think and I hope that CDPR have a very bright future ahead of them.

Someone said earlier that CDPR's reputation is all PR, and I can assure you that it's certainly not.
It's really not hard to have a good reputation among fans and yet so many major developers go out of their way to be anti-consumer. Don't dumb down your games, don't write stupid stories, and don't sell $25 paid mods as DLC.

CD Projekt Red made sure to avoid all of that and did a lot more. Entire Witcher series is DRM-free and has 16 free DLCs, the story is good, and the paid DLC is actual story expansion rather than paid mods.

They don't need PR to look good when other companies are doing it for them by being blatantly anti-consumer and making awful games that disappoint fans.

If they can add a skill system and reform combat so it isn't terrible like it is in the witcher games. I think they will have not only add to their existing fronts that they cover well. (Story telling.) But add a lot more choice to diversity of different play styles and have a fun and an engaging combat system.

If they can add a skill system and reform combat so it isn't terrible like it is in the witcher games. I think they will have not only add to their existing fronts that they cover well. (Story telling.) But add a lot more choice to diversity of different play styles and have a fun and an engaging combat system.
are you talking about cyberpunk 2077?

then they should do complete rework on player perspective/camera. i'm definitely not a fan of third person thing in cyberpunk setting. they also need to emphasize the OP side of augmentation, while make skill progression seem to be like quadrant root of augmentation/implant progression. this is cyberpunk afterall.

I just hope it will have its own personality, much like The Witcher series had. Cyberpunk (the theme) is quickly becoming the new fantasy, even though I love the setting, and in especially gaming it is risking becoming stale and predictable. Even the notion that something should and should not be in the game simply because it's cyberpunk irks me.

Granted, in The Witcher I guess the books set the tone. And I have no insight in the material used for this new game. I just hope they manage to make it feel like not just another cyberpunk game, much like The Witcher was not just another fantasy game.

Back