Fallout Tactics mod Children of the Apocalypse 2 (1.1)

CotA2 installer seems to install correctly (after I did a new, clean install to C:\Games\Fallout Tactics, wouldn't install without errors to my previous location C:\Fallout Tactics) but when I try to start from the desktop shortcut it gives me the following error:

C:\dev\bos\common\language.cpp(120): **fatal error**: Failed to parse: games/items.txt

then gives a runtime error:

C:\games\fallout tactics\bos.exe
abnormal program termination

and drops to desktop.

It's weird, Crusade and Awaken installers worked fine to my original installation (and Crusade worked to the new clean install) but this one's giving me fits...

CotA2 installer seems to install correctly (after I did a new, clean install to C:\Games\Fallout Tactics, wouldn't install without errors to my previous location C:\Fallout Tactics) but when I try to start from the desktop shortcut it gives me the following error:
Don't panic, we'll fix it.

Thanks, really appreciate the work you're doing to help make these mods easier to manage for noobs like me.
Fixed both parts
  • *Indication of the mod in the menu text
  • *The picture has been changed
  • *A small correction in the description of the weapon.
  • *Fixed crash on start

Last edited:
Fantastic and memorable job you all did here cataloging mods and addons and creating installers for them. I would be interested, especially after my next release which will be a big bug fix release, to benefit your help in creating an installer for The Sum 1.61a. If anyone could help me to it when we'll arriving at that stage... :D

OK, after a rough couple of starts I finally figured out the APC held some squad members for me, and that it's really not a good idea to try to be the point of the spear for the defense in the first mission. (Boy do those guys - both sides - love to burst fire their teammates...) Enjoying this one quite a bit now. :nod:

Quick question - when dealing with the Tusken raider... err, shaman, what drink specifically is he looking for? And what do you need to do with it? Anything beyond just having it in your possession when you talk to him? I tried talking to him with the Elixir of Life, Booze, Rot Gut, and Old Flakey all in my inventory and he said I had nothing he was looking for. I'm not sure I've even seen any other forms of hard liquor to this point in the game.

[edit] - Nevermind, found the firewater.

Last edited:
Installation:
CotA II v1.02 (Installer)
  • Install Fallout Tactics 1.27.
  • Install Unofficial Patch Plus (optional).
  • Install this mod.
  • - Launch game from the mod shortcut.

• - Installer with language selection.
  • - Version 1.01 - corrected some descriptions.
  • - Added FT Improver 2.0 by Jarekfall (COTA2_ImpDATA folder).
  • - Added HRP 1.0 by Mash.
  • - New image of the main menu and icons.
  • - Launch the campaign from the standard way (DAII.cam renamed to bos.cam).
  • - Does not overwrite the original game (Installation to subfolder).
  • - Russian Localization v1.00.3

Version 1.02:
  • - Small correction of the text.
  • - Added an intro video.
  • - Correction of starting characters (prefabs).
    * New portraits (when selected\in the interface).
    * Adjusted characteristics.
    * The level has been uped.
    * Added inventory.
    * Edited menu buttons.
  • - Edited the names of the missions.
  • - Edited the position of some locations.- Edited the size of some locations and specials meetings.
    * Removed the location "Warehouse" (unfinished). Perhaps this will exclude the game crash.
    * Added four meetings with merchants (as in the original). Perhaps this will exclude the game crash.
  • - The habitat of wolves has been expanded (more than one cell).
  • - [Ru] Translation version 1.00.5.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I'm having a problem with COTA 2. I noticed Pyan uploaded his 1.02 version so I grabbed it, but since installing, after I beat mission 1 the Weltenkraft bunker never appears on the worldmap. I get the next town where you pick up Myra and get the APC, but there's no bunker after that. I wandered all through the map, found all the random scenarios including the 4 merchants, but no Weltenkraft.

Hey guys,
I'm having a problem with COTA 2. I noticed Pyan uploaded his 1.02 version so I grabbed it, but since installing, after I beat mission 1 the Weltenkraft bunker never appears on the worldmap. I get the next town where you pick up Myra and get the APC, but there's no bunker after that. I wandered all through the map, found all the random scenarios including the 4 merchants, but no Weltenkraft.
I'll check it soon.

Update 1.04

Version 1.03:
  • - Starting characters have their rank raised and equipment issued.
  • - Removed the starting inventory issued at the start of FT.
  • - FT HRP renamed and adapted to CA2 HRP.
  • - Added a "color" level of health indicators.
  • - Added missing names for some ammunition.
Version 1.04:
  • ! Removed the increase in the level of the starting characters.
  • ! Standard mission names have been returned (multiple intersections with scripts).
  • - A box with equipment has been added to the first mission.
  • - Edited the size of some locations.
  • - All locations received a minimap and a description of important places and goals.
  • - The tasks were marked - completion of the mission scenario at the exit.
  • - Removed missing records of random encounters.
  • - Unique meetings have no repetitions.
  • - Added 3 unique meetings from FT.
Disadvantages:
  • - The location of the mission is not saved on the map (as in the original).
  • ! At the beginning of the mission, the character may be injured (after briffing).
  • - Misunderstandings with the 'Ammunition Store' mission - there is no file with dialogue.
  • - Misunderstandings with list of random encounters* (if edited this list).

Not only did I make an enhanced edition of the first campaign, I also gave some love to the second one – a patch 1.2.

Full mod download: https://en.webshare.cz/#/file/SEMccJokoA

XRoC46V.jpg

Patch notes:
- Fixed a major bug that caused the game to crash when starting turn-based combat in some late missions (Lizardry and Archangel). The culprit was NPC with the sprite of a terminal.
- New worldmap. Remade special encounters into freely accessible locations. Those marked with a lightning bolt icon will disappear after exiting. Trader special encounters were removed.
- The doctor in Weltenkraft behaves differently, you don't need to run away from the barracks with him anymore.
- The encounter with Sander has been reworked. Now his HPs gradually decrease, and the later the player visits him, the more they will have to heal him (or find him dead).
- Randomly distributed radiation has been removed from missions. In addition, the protection against it works differently (as in the first campaign, both Rad-X and the suit give 100% protection). Ghouls also got 100% resistance (player, Wuff, Killian).
- The anti-radiation suit no longer gives poison protection, so the 4th mission is now a bit harder again >:-)
- Corporal Agbar (mission 6) who, after being healed, joins the player if they have less than 6 characters will now stay with the player after the mission.
- The quartermaster now offers a lot more goods.
- The weapons depot now contains more equipment, but is also heavily contaminated with radiation.
- Also thanks to the two previous points, there is more ammo for heavy and energy weapons in the game. Also more EMP ammo.
- Player now gets promotions (not that it matters).
- The interaction with Ratman in Lizard's base has been adjusted to be clearer and more reliable.
- The third mission (Water merchant) has undergone some map changes. It is also possible to get a new recruit in it.
- The tanks in the 7th mission have a slightly reduced level. On the other hand, defensive turrets are somewhat stronger (but still fragile).
- I reduced the number of CotA weapons by about half. There were too many redundant, useless rifles.
- Fixed a number of minor bugs and issues throughout the campaign.

Back