Chris Avellone was falsly accused, accussers had no intent

The whole no gun thing was the first major red flag that the devs making the second game really don't understand the setting all the much, at least in this particular aspect.

There hasn't been any news on the game outside of the production apparently restarting like two years ago and late last year one of the higher ups saying that a 2023 release was not out of the question.

Not like i care anyway because it most likely gonna suck. Studio that had nothing to do with the first game makes a sequel to a cult classic? Most of the time it ends up sucking. And even if Chris was involved, i doubt he would be able to do anything about that because i wouldn't be surprised if he was told to avoid triggering specific groups of people. This is the same game where the devs put god damn trigger warnings in quests.

Last edited:
... But isn't that what the intro to the game is for? [BLACK SCREEN] Warning: Game contains depictions of drug, violence, sex and tv. [/BLACK SCREEN]

Hell, it's on the back of a box if you get a physical (snort) copy of the game and on Steam at least there is a warning in the description usually about it. Hell with some games before you can view them on steam it will give you a warning before it lets you do it.

Jesus, i can tell i have been out of the loop. Well i am glad to see dear Chris cleared of the totally bullshit. after some of the shit with these kind of accusations that come out as false you would think people would learn to do more digging to you know investigate. But they fucking don't and people like Chris who have a good name get dragged in to the mud.

The whole no gun thing
lol these developers are so dumb they even offered a pre-order bonus gun skin for a no-gun game

upload_2023-4-12_14-57-16.png

absolute idiots amirite

Yeah, setting with all sort of fucked up shit is having a game with trigger warnings for quests before you do them.
After looking into this, this also totally 100% legitimate outrage seems to be based on a forum post where a game designer said they're considering adding an option to the accessibility menu for players with PTSD so said players can view descriptions of each mission beforehand and decide how to handle them accordingly.
This hypothetical and completely optional setting ruins everything for everyone forever, I'm sure.

This is something that had a massive effect on the Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 game.

I wonder if it's too late to restore his content.

Chris Avellone's story is inconsistent: he initially came out with heartfelt "apologies" and later reneged all those statements, and declared himself absolved of all guilt.

What happened is likely never going to be known by the general public. Am I going to just assume this guy is guilty? no. but to vindicate him [or the prosecution] is hair-brained. idk why you would castigate the me2 crowd for extrajudicial prosecution and then just do the complete opposite towards the other party. juvenile hypocrisy. we don't know y'all.

Chris Avellone's story is inconsistent: he initially came out with heartfelt "apologies"
Because the standard weenie move is to say sorry for slights both real and imaginary. it never works and will be used against you regardless.

Be the Anti-Canadian, never say sorry.

Pretty much. We know for sure that one of the people involved was a drunken con whore and the other guy was a drunk betamale e-celeb so the story is pretty clear cut. Two adults had drunken sex and then one did not get what she wanted from the sex and decided to ruin his life. Frankly I never liked MCA much anyway so it's a non issue.

Chris Avellone's story is inconsistent: he initially came out with heartfelt "apologies" and later reneged all those statements, and declared himself absolved of all guilt.
He only said he was sorry for how things ended with his ex.

After looking into this, this also totally 100% legitimate outrage seems to be based on a forum post where a game designer said they're considering adding an option to the accessibility menu for players with PTSD so said players can view descriptions of each mission beforehand and decide how to handle them accordingly.
This hypothetical and completely optional setting ruins everything for everyone forever, I'm sure.
It's over.

adding an option to the accessibility menu for players with PTSD so said players can view descriptions of each mission beforehand and decide how to handle them accordingly.
it ruins nothing. but it is kind of stupid and funny. like how the dead space remake had trigger warnings. which is hysterical its a horror game. the whole goal of the genre is to make you feel uncomfortable if you need trigger warnings unironically then its honestly best to steer clear of the entire genre tbh.

Back