[Collection] Inventory FRM edits

Mauser Pistol edits

VwOtFKa.gif

Lexx toyed around with the vanilla graphics one day, hand-painted the stock, and changed the barrel to make it not look bent upward. Then I touched up the highlight on the barrel for a more vanilla feel. The gun (one with stock) will be in the next release of Et Tu as the modified variant of 9mm Mauser (rechambered to common 10mm with increased damage, but the gun itself is devalued).

I know Nevada has nice looking Mauser pistol FRMs from 3D model rendering, but it doesn't hurt to have another set based on vanilla.

Also, I improved my old hunting rifle edits, tweaked the angle of the grip so it looks less awkward with added magazine. The download links are in the first post as always.
En8SnbW.gif
___
I6qwfBs.gif

Last edited:
Some ammo edits

hy6lorT.gif

I recolored the color stripe on some ammo to yellow for the new "Ball" ammo type, also made a .44 Magnum AP like in Fallout Tactics. BTW, EcCo already has .223 AP and 14mm JHP inven sprites, so check that if you're interesting in assets for adding more ammo types to your mod.

Ball ammo type is for an idea I've been toying with: change all "JHP/AP(or other)" pairs in the game to "Ball/AP".
  • Ball is the default/standard issue ammo type with no bonus damage multiplier, maybe a small DR modifier for certain calibers (minor armor piercing effect).
  • AP now has both bonus damage multiplier and good DR modifier, making it a straight upgrade comparing to the ball ammo for weapons. Once you have enough/steady supply, no reason to use the basic ball ammo unless you really run out of AP ammo in combat (e.g. too trigger happy with bursts).
Because IMO switching ammo types back and forth against different enemies isn't that much of a good idea for Fallout's turn-based combat, even with some script mod giving you a hotkey to do the switch without going into the inventory. The HN needler cartridge in vanilla actually fits the idea, with AP performing universally better than the default type.
Yes, I know the idea sounds kinda radical, that's why it's still just a random idea with FRM edits instead of a full mod. I don't plan on discussing game/combat balance details in this thread.

Last edited:
Just a bunch of weapon sprites i made for personal use in fo2 restoration project. New art by: Alexander Berezin (i think). I can't figure out how to actually implement new icons in a game, don't want to completely waste them. So here it is.

Attachments

Thanks for linking me! Yep, forgot to mention that all credit for hunting rifle/assault rifle edits goes to NovaRain. Really sorry for that) 14mm pistol is from a render by 0spacepope0 from nexusmods. P.S. sorry for my poor english

Many weapons in your pack are made by Ursa: 10mm pistol/SMG, power fist, ripper, shotgun, sniper rifle, super sledge.

Alternative 14mm Pistol

Ml6ztBV.gif

A simple edit that changes the visuals of the 14mm Pistol to be more in line with the 12.7mm Pistol in New Vegas. I cut off the original magazine, patched the trigger guard, and added a baseplate to the grip.

Some of Fallout Sonora unused weapon/items sprites:
That's some quality work! Is it possible to use some of your sprites in my mod? I'm looking for just a few items in the style of the original game to plug some holes in weapon roster.

I mean, if he posts it here in public, I'd say it is kinda a given that you can use it. :>

Back