Completely lost regarding New Vegas modding

SorgFall

Still Mildly Glowing
I am a long-time F fan. I didn't really like F3 all that much and got excited about NV a lot more. I've played it only a little and promised myself I'd postpone a couple of years until the game is fully patched, gets packed with DLCs and gets along quite a bit of mods that further fix up the game (I liked it but upon release it was in a quite a bad shape).

However, returning to the Fallout universe, I've found myself - completely lost. I don't really want mods that overhaul the game substantially, just those that fix up bugs and eventually patch up some unfinished content here and there, just like killap is doing for example for F2. I've heard that there were a couple of community unofficial patches like that, but I'm just completely overwhelmed. NMA doesn't have a Download section for the newer Fallout games so I've looked around elsewhere. Nexusmods has got approximately 17,500 entries to potentially look through for F:NV. Some Googling has yielded good comments regarding the Mission Mojave patch; is that all I should actually be looking for?

Sorry for sounding like a lost rabbit and thanks for any and all help anyone could chug in; highly appreciate it

YUP (Yuckingi unofficial patch) works fine for what you are looking for iirc. Been a while since I played NV though.

For restoration, check out moburma's mods. There's also someone else working on a restoration mod, but I don't remember much about that. I know it's not released yet, though.

YUP (Yuckingi unofficial patch) works fine for what you are looking for iirc. Been a while since I played NV though.

For restoration, check out moburma's mods. There's also someone else working on a restoration mod, but I don't remember much about that. I know it's not released yet, though.

So this is better than the Mojave patch?

I read it has got more than 27,000 fixes

How about the J Sawyer mod?
Dunno exact links, but should be easy enough to google up.

NV has a "hardcore mode" which is, in truth, not very hardcore at all. In fact, I find the name completely misleading. It simply means your character will need sleep, hydration and food, every now and then, as thirst, sleep and hunger builds. In theory you should be frantically looking for sustenance when things look slim, but in practice, it never really becomes a problem. You'll be swimming in water and food, and the sleep-meter lets you run around for days before even becoming a bit drowsey.

The J Sawyer mod tightens these factors a bit, making you hungry, thirsty and sleepy a bit more frequent - in my opinion, still not enough, but better than in vanilla game.
It also makes ammunition weigh again, as it did in the classic games.
There are other minor fixes too, but dunno the details, a download page would probably provide more info

Cut content restored
Animated prostitution
J. sawyer mod

That's all you need to have a good time with NV

But in all seriousness, Mission Mojave is pretty good.

So this is better than the Mojave patch?

I read it has got more than 27,000 fixes

Both should be similar, just that YUP is pure fixing, while MM tweaks some things that are not broken (blood sausage gets a health boost boost, characters are modified, etc) and can conflict badly with other mods.

If you are looking for an ENB, i reccoment this one: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55076/?

Rudy's ENB

55076-5-1393105790.jpg

Man, Jsaweyr's mods if you want to stick as much as possible to the Original but still greatly improve, AWN's if you want to completely upgrade it, and DUST's if you want a completely new take on the game

Don't know if you're still around but i feel exactly like you and for me these are the essentials ( improving or restoring without adding stuff ) :

1. YUP ( sticks to fixing bugs without getting carried away )
2. JSawyer

http://fallout.gamepedia.com/JSawyer#Download

( does many things right , think of it as a director's cut )
3. NV strip open ( might make the game a little unstable , but for me it's worth it )
4. Freeside open
5. YUP - Jsawyer patch ( so they don't contradict . Warning , the " ultimate edition" of JSawyer changes stuff so if you wanna stay true to the original you'll need this and the yup patch )
6. Primm Reputation restored
7, Uncut Wasteland ( restores things that were pached out for consoles to handle , essential ! )

other cool little stuff include

ownless trash
negative karma for grave digging
classic dialogue options

and some little gameplay changes

Fallout 4 Quickloot for New Vegas
Collision Meshes ( might qualify as bugfixing - improvement mod )

to make all this work while having a stable game you'll probably need

nexus mod manager
4gb patch
fake fullscreen ( optionally )
new vegas anticrash ( optionally )
NVSE and any plug-ins that the above mods may require . Generally check the mods' descriptions for anything they might need .

Another awesome mod which you'll definitely want on your second playthrough ( because certain elements might feel off and/or it may introduce bugs ) is outside bets

Last edited:
ENB's always slow my game down too much, but my computer sucks.

Back