Could dialog actually be real dialog?

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Discussion' started by ulath666, Jun 29, 2007.

1. ulath666

ulath666 First time out of the vault

Jun 16, 2007
    http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.ps3fanboy.com/media/2007/06/fallout-3-scan-1.jpg

Look at that picture.
    It really looks like an answer to a stated question, not some wiki word. Its kinda hard to make someone take offence with just a word like that.
    Although the PC could be going around saying stuff like "Penis". Hmmm...

Sure it could be a scripted sequence since its in the beginning of the game but this got my hopes up juuuust a little...

2. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    Even Oblivion had some "real" dialogues, but the majority were still wikilinks.

3. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
    It's absolutely impossible to tell from a single response. There could be decent dialogue, there could be absolutely shitty dialogue.

4. Mori

Mori First time out of the vault

Jun 17, 2007
    One of the newer articles on Fallout 3 details how you can make a joke about the Sherrif's hat, which will piss him off and possibly get him to fight you. So definately more than the Wikipedia keywords of Oblivion.

5. freshmeat

freshmeat First time out of the vault

Jun 21, 2007
    I'm sure they'll put in some dialogue. They'll do it just to say that they did. Question is wether it'll be the norm or just a handful of scripted events.

6. aleksi_w

aleksi_w First time out of the vault

Jun 14, 2007
    We can only hope and wait. I sure hope that it will have real dialogs, as we all do.

PS. rumors? ^^

7. Morbus

Morbus Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 16, 2006
    The only thing that pisses me off in recent "rpg" developers is that they don't fucking think about the dialog. The answers you can give are always good/bad (if you can choose, that is), and sometimes there is some neutral answer, most of the times a half-assed neutral answer. The problem is that there shouldn't be good/bad answers to start with, because there is no such dichotomy. You should be able to do this or that, or that or that, and none of those things should straightforwardly oppose to the others. Like the thing about NCR vs Reno vs Vault City. None of those were actually good OR evil, and it wasn't about "shades of gray". It was about different colors.

And Todd "Dipshit" Howard talks about shades of gray. Shades of gray my ass!

8. Salkinius

Salkinius First time out of the vault

Jun 22, 2007
    The Dialogue and the characters in Bethesdas Expansion for Oblivion "The Shivering Isles" is a vast improvement from the dialogue and characters in the main game.

The characters are actually quite funny, but that mainly has to do with the fact that they all are insane. The dialogue options are more often full sentences and many times there are more question options than before. The options also seem to have a more definite concequences to a greater extent than before.

I'm not saying that Bethesda has done a great job with Shivering Isles, I'm just saying that they seem to have evolved and better them selves over the years.

I take this as a good sign for Fallout 3, as fallout emphesizes alot more to dialogue and concequences than any of the Elder Scrolls titles.

So I believe that dialogue will be good in Fallout 3, let's hope and pray that the rest will as well.

9. Sorrow

Sorrow So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Feb 9, 2006
    I'm pretty sure that it will have real dialogues. Anyway, I'm not buying any Fallout sequel wannabe that isn't a CTRPG.

10. Wooz

Wooz Vault Sweeper Admin Orderite

May 18, 2003
    If my computer is on top of a table and I play a RPG, is it a CTRPG?

Furthermore, are there CTFPS games?

11. Sorrow

Sorrow So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Feb 9, 2006
    What is this RPG you are talking about?
    A Reply Picking Game?

12. Wooz

Wooz Vault Sweeper Admin Orderite

May 18, 2003
    It's a Rapidly Pouncing Grenouille.