Cthulhu Armageddon

It's not exactly an attempt at high art. It's basically me just writing ten thousand jokes from my deranged protagonist and his Harley Quinn-esque sidekick. :) In my third book, they literally stop the plot against the time-traveling Nazi president to discuss Star Wars: The Force Awakens and why it was disappointing for a page.

I mean, the first book begins with him standing on a rooftop practicing dramatic poses and trying to see if he can pull of a gravelly Batman voice (he can't).
So you're saying that I shouldn't buy it?
jokes on you I'm totally going to buy it and enjoy it now you condescending asshole, if I was as talented as you I would've wrote and published a book, and there's a good chance it would be just as good as your book- just think about that the next time you try to undersell yourself

So you're saying that I shouldn't buy it?
jokes on you I'm totally going to buy it and enjoy it now you condescending asshole, if I was as talented as you I would've wrote and published a book, and there's a good chance it would be just as good as your book- just think about that the next time you try to undersell yourself

I would definitely buy any book you'd write Sarc.

When did you start writing, what is your process, and how hard is it to self publish? Thanks. ;)

When did you start writing, what is your process, and how hard is it to self publish? Thanks. ;)

1. It depends if you're asking whether I've been writing professionally or in general or good. I've been writing professionally about six years with my books only published in the last two years. It's not a game for those who want to be published immediately unless you go the self-publishing route. Even so, I was an unusual case because I hooked up with a publisher who was rather troubled and they kept me on the loop for almost two years without publishing a thing. As such, when I finally did get published, I had five or six novels ready.

2. The primary advice I can give any would-be writer is to write the story you'd want to read first. Don't worry about your first book being crap becaus it will almost certainly be so. I had to rewrite Cthulhu Armageddon three or four times until it was fit for publication and the results were beautiful. The thing is that rewrites are a natural process and help build your skill like grinding for EXP. My general process, though, is to surround myself with examples of the genre I want to write so I'm in the "right headspace."

Write a cyberpunk story, watch cyberpunk movies and read movies in chapters. Stephen King does the same thing.

3. It's not hard at all really. You just need an editing service which you trust to make it look good and people who can format your book properly for the release. Oh and a good piece of cover art. These people are available but it can get expensive by the end.

Thanks. It's something I have always wanted to do since I was young. I plan on reading some of your stuff first chance I get. I looked over your site before I actually saw you post here I believe. It's cool to see you answering questions and stuff. I take it by your choice of material that you also like Lovecraft, post apocalyptic settings, and superheroes? I might send you PM. We might have things to talk about. ;)

Thanks. It's something I have always wanted to do since I was young. I plan on reading some of your stuff first chance I get. I looked over your site before I actually saw you post here I believe. It's cool to see you answering questions and stuff. I take it by your choice of material that you also like Lovecraft, post apocalyptic settings, and superheroes? I might send you PM. We might have things to talk about. ;)

Yes, those are my three biggest series, though I'm also a fan of cyberpunk and espionage. I'll be coming out with a series about how society transforms from 2017 to a cyberpunk dystopia over the course of three books called Agent G this year.

And would love to answer any questions you have.

Edit:

My 1st AGENT G novel is now available for pre-order. It's coming out on April 1st.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XFJ5HF5/

It's a spambot, simply parroting this post: http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/cthulhu-armageddon.207891/page-2#post-4194204

I like that the game it's promoting is a terribad early access bottom of the barrel CoD and CS rip-off. Plus the link doesn't even work.

edit: not only that, but the game is actually dead, or at least seems that way when the top thread on the steam discussion board is called "THIS GAME IS DEAD" and was posted in January.

Also, why was this not caught by the spamlink-checker?

It was, someone must've OKed it, was in the queue this morning and I couldn't decide if it was a bot or not so let it sit there.

I ok'd it, it was in the moderating queue. But I was so confused by the randomness that I approved it.

Back