Dean Domino Help

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas Gameplay & Tech' started by Ben, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Ben

Ben Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 6, 2011
    Gentlemen, I am trying to do a Dead Money run without greasing Dean Domino (it happened 3 times now. What is the proper dialogue route to not offend him?

2. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Level 27 Wizard Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Is there another alternative? I thought he died no matter what?

3. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Ofcourse you can save him. Just never mention any critics against him, even in the slightest...

4. Ben

Ben Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 6, 2011
    Figured it out

Never mention your bond with the collars. In the beginning when you first meet him, say that you'll wait until he is done talking. Then, every time he talks, do NOT use a barter challenge and watch the speech challenges because he will usually get mad over those. When you activate the holograms for him, say to the effect 'you know what kind of person I am'. Then he will give you a key to get backstage and directions rather than try to kill you.

5. DevilTakeMe

DevilTakeMe Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Sep 12, 2011
    You'll know if you talked to him correctly if he refers to you as "partner". If he calls you a "ball and chain", you've offended him and you'll have to kill him later.

6. brandonhart61

brandonhart61 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 24, 2011
    When you first meet him, DON'T use any skill-checks against him (E.G. Barter), otherwise you will insult his 'ego' or something. When you finish your first meeting though, you're allowed to use skill-checks in normal dialogue. If you act friendly to him in the first meeting, when you talk to him afterwards, he should call you 'partner' and if you offended him he will call you his 'ball and chain' and will try and kill you later on.