Depravity is MUCH better wirrten than vanilla FO4

Charwo

Look, Ma! Two Heads!
I reinstalled FO4 to play Thuggsmurf's mods, starting with Depravity. Lemma tell you, Depravity is AWESOME, except for the little girl Stella, she's a little overpowered Mary Sue Psychopath and I'm going to murder the shit out of her, but she can be ignored. OTHER THAN THAT, this mod is fucking fantastic.

BUT, let's be honest, Fallout 4 has the WORST environmental worldbuilding I have EVER seen in my life. Thuggymurf has turned dogshit into something between silver and bronze and has utterly wasted his talents on this garbage piece of shit game, but I'm thankful he did.

I can't say Fallout 4 can be redeemed, cause honestly, based on what other people say Fallout is. I've never wanted Fallout, even though I've played since the first game, I've wanted something that was only pulpy on the surface but far more realistic underneath. (which is why I HATE Stella so much), but you put on Autumn Overhaul, Regrowth if you're in the Glowing Sea, it becomes tolerable with some good quest mods.

Glad to hear you had fun with it. But for me, no mod can make me Play notFallout 4 again, with The exception of New Vegas on it.

Between the world map, invisible walls, horrible map design (the borders of the map are completely fake and artificial), terrible loot system, scaling enemies, etc I would rather play New Vegas again.

This game sucks as an action rpg, as a FPS, as a book and as a game to mod. Too many restrictions, bugs, etc. And I fully expect bugthesda to release 10 year anniversary garbage.

Regardless, the modders have achieved more than bugthesda did, like moving vehicles, Autumn Leaves, etc.

Glad to hear you had fun with it. But for me, no mod can make me Play notFallout 4 again, with The exception of New Vegas on it.

Between the world map, invisible walls, horrible map design (the borders of the map are completely fake and artificial), terrible loot system, scaling enemies, etc I would rather play New Vegas again.

This game sucks as an action rpg, as a FPS, as a book and as a game to mod. Too many restrictions, bugs, etc. And I fully expect bugthesda to release 10-year anniversary garbage.

Regardless, the modders have achieved more than bugthesda did, like moving vehicles, Autumn Leaves, etc.

I'm never going to recommend anyone ever buy a BGS game ever again. I hated Morrowind back in the day, but if you got it, there can be some utility. I don't do it to honor Bethesda, they have no honor. I honor the modders, as the modders deserve honor, which is a touch-and-go thing. But I've put 2000 hours in New Vegas and for me, I have exactly one headcanon, one thread through the Fallout universe, which means exactly one story, one hero in each Fallout game, and with 2000 hours, my Courier's story is about as told as it can be.

My honest recommendation: try Frost. The game world makes SO MUCH MORE sense in 2082, although I'm scouting out quest mods that could sorta, kinda work in 2082, the Reospnders and the Machine and Her KINDA fit the bill.

Back