Deti Apokalypsy English Translation?

I translated using Google translator. Basically it is broken English, but most of context can be guessed. Played first several missions and it turned out fine. Might have a few errors in later missions due to the fact Google translate "{" to "(" and some bracketed content translated out of brackets. Mass replace didn't fix all. Do you still want the "translated" speech texts and \locale\game texts?

I'm playing it, I have a problem, I finish second mission, got message about Ratmania but on man there are only three locations:
-Chekotay;s Shelter
-One guy with wolfes
-Singing Bandits Camp

I came back to Shelter but Chekotay said only "Hi, hehe" :/

I've looked at it and it seems there's some problem with speech files. Chekotay's shelter should have had the briefing for mission 3, but it's not there. However, the Ratmania mission should be uncovered on world map, so you can find it if you look for it. It's four squares directly to the right and top from the Shelter.
BUT this means you have the vanilla version of campaign without the patch. Something that I have not thought of before. :hide:
I've uploaded it here: https://ulozto.net/file/Plc8Vj4Reccf/da-patch-1-1-rar. The patch fixes problems with exits on the shelter map and transitions between missions (plus some other minor improvements I can't remember after 10 years). This means you'll have to check the speech files again as there are some new entries, mainly in the CHS.txt. Briefing for mission 3 is cut in half, one in shelter, one in mission. Briefings for missions 4 to 7 are just copy pasted from their missions files. So it shouldn't be too much hassle. Sorry for that.

I guess I should replay it again after all those years. It's cringeworthy but great at the same time. I still remember my first minutes with the map editor as I was playing with walls and trees... what later became the opening area of the first mission.

What mod is this? I can't find it under downloads, looks like it got lost with the old forums.

What mod is this? I can't find it under downloads, looks like it got lost with the old forums.
It's Children of the Apocalypse 1, an old campaign of mine that was never properly translated to English. Not sure if it should be available for download at all.

EDIT: It's a prequel for this one.

I've looked at it and it seems there's some problem with speech files. Chekotay's shelter should have had the briefing for mission 3, but it's not there. However, the Ratmania mission should be uncovered on world map, so you can find it if you look for it. It's four squares directly to the right and top from the Shelter.
BUT this means you have the vanilla version of campaign without the patch. Something that I have not thought of before. :hide:
I've uploaded it here: https://ulozto.net/file/Plc8Vj4Reccf/da-patch-1-1-rar. The patch fixes problems with exits on the shelter map and transitions between missions (plus some other minor improvements I can't remember after 10 years). This means you'll have to check the speech files again as there are some new entries, mainly in the CHS.txt. Briefing for mission 3 is cut in half, one in shelter, one in mission. Briefings for missions 4 to 7 are just copy pasted from their missions files. So it shouldn't be too much hassle. Sorry for that.

I guess I should replay it again after all those years. It's cringeworthy but great at the same time. I still remember my first minutes with the map editor as I was playing with walls and trees... what later became the opening area of the first mission.

Awesome, thank you very much I'll check it :)

So I replayed the campaign yesterday... it's worse than I remembered it :D It was much better when it were single missions with a fixed protagonist. I have to look for them to experience the 2003 feeling again.
Also the difference in quality between this one and the sequel is like comparing a stone tablet with a computer.

Anyway it got me into a mood for some FT modding and I made some progress on my third campaign. I'll just write a few small things here and there and it will be ready for a demoversion release (or early access as companies call it nowadays).

Installation:
CotA I v1.2 (Installer)
  • Install Fallout Tactics 1.27.
  • Install Unofficial Patch Plus (optional).
  • Install this mod.
  • - Launch game from the mod shortcut.

• - Installer with language selection.
  • - Integrated patch v1.1 (CotA I).
  • - Added FT Improver 2.0 by Jarekfall.
  • - Added HRP 1.0 by Mash.
  • - New image of the main menu and icons.
  • - Launch the campaign from the standard way (deti apokalypsy.cam and daII,cam renamed to bos.cam).
  • - Does not overwrite the original game (Installation to subfolder).
Version 1.2 (Update by Pyran):
  • - Added an introductory video.
  • - Replaced the global map (without the grid curve and overlays).
  • - Added a new menu picture.
  • - The menu has been adapted according to the mod.
  • - Added special and random encounters (which were specified, but not added).
  • - Removed non-existent locations.
  • - Fixed starting characters (added portraits, edited some characteristics).
  • - The internal structure of the mod has been edited (the correct paths are indicated, the titles are edited, missing files are registered).
  • - Edited the technical part of the dialogues (missing and double brackets).
  • - Added translation into English and Russian:
    * Translation into English is automatic, with minimal technical verification.
    * Translation into Russian - ~30% manual, 70% automatic, with minimal technical verification.
  • !! I hope everything will work fine. I'd be happy if someone would adapt a machine translation.

!! Fixed on the 28.06.22, please re-download, if downloaded it on the 25.06.22.

Last edited:
Reinar: Children of the Apocalypse (Fallout Tactics)
Author: Reinar
Release:
~2007
Copyright: Bethesda Softworks LLC.
A fighter from the ranks of a group called "Children of the Apocalypse" comes under your control. You will take part in the fight against the Eastern Division of the Brotherhood of Steel. After going through the battles, you will become a serious warrior and will be able to take control of a small squad (And what else do you want from FT?). Do not consider yourself as the Chosen One or the Savior of all Mankind. Missions have several solutions, although in a global sense, this is not essential. The choice of Race, in some moments, can play both in your favor and against you.

• Install Unofficial Patch Plus (optional).
  • Install this mod.
  • - Launch game from the mod shortcut.

• - Installer with language selection.
  • - Integrated patch v1.1 (CotA I).
  • - Added FT Improver 2.0 by Jarekfall.
  • - Added HRP 1.0 by Mash.
  • - New image of the main menu and icons.
  • - Launch the campaign from the standard way (deti apokalypsy.cam and daII,cam renamed to bos.cam).
  • - Does not overwrite the original game (Installation to subfolder).
Version 1.2 (Update by Pyran):
  • - Added an introductory video.
  • - Replaced the global map (without the grid curve and overlays).
  • - Added a new menu picture.
  • - The menu has been adapted according to the mod.
  • - Added special and random encounters (which were specified, but not added).
  • - Removed non-existent locations.
  • - Fixed starting characters (added portraits, edited some characteristics).
  • - The internal structure of the mod has been edited (the correct paths are indicated, the titles are edited, missing files are registered).
  • - Edited the technical part of the dialogues (missing and double brackets).
  • - Added translation into English and Russian:
    * Translation into English is automatic, with minimal technical verification.
    * Translation into Russian - ~30% manual, 70% automatic, with minimal technical verification.
Version 1.3 (Update by Pyran):
  • - FT HRP has been renamed and adapted to CotA HRP.
  • - Removed the starting inventory from FT.
  • - Starting characters have been given equipment.
  • - A box with equipment has been added to the first mission and the arsenal on the level has been slightly changed.
  • - Added goals and points to the minimap (not all and not everywhere they were).
  • - Unique meetings are not repeated.
  • - The number of random encounters has been reduced, their distribution is more logical.
  • - New image of the main menu.

Last edited:
I found a few more errors in translation, which could lead to crashes, corrected. I hope, there will be no more crashes.

Back