DForge's Encounter Mod

Well, I don't know if DForge is going to return to this...I have found a few more bugs and will take a look at the scripts, see if I can't figure something out. I really like this mod, it just needs to be bug-free and then it would be golden.

Nice to see someone liked it after all ;) I left the mod because I felt totally disheartened after the game practically ignored the encounter rules I set and threw stuff at me randomly. For example I coded the enclave encounters to pop up 1. after enclave defeat 2. in succession 3. after a certain character level. The syntax seemed fine (pretty much exactly the same as used in WORKING vanilla game encounters). And what do I see in game? Out of the blue I meet one of the enclave encounters with a level 8 chap. I have honestly no idea what was going on.

Also, some of the creatures (added by mapper) refused to pop up. I'm certain I added them properly, but I were still getting empty combat field at times.

Since it overcame me fast, I decided to quit, but if anybody wishes to look at it and fix things obviously beyond me, I'd be glad to help and work on this again.

Also, I'm sure I overdid some of the encounters. It must be terribly boring to wait until 20 or so creatures move... perhaps it would be a better idea to use the mapper to develop better versions of certain enemies (like, Raiders with 200hp) instead of, you know, putting 20 of them at an encounter. But, that also takes work I'm not really willing to do, as I'm terribad at this. Another way would be to reduce the number of enemies but give them stronger weapons instead.

Also, "Legendary" encounters need scripting so that they are immune to one hit kills from "better criticals" critical grade 6. That's out of my ability too.

Back