Do you pickpocket in games?

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
depends, i do it pretty often in fallout 1 and 2 but i dont really do it in 3D FP games, maybe cos i dont like shoving my nose up an npcs rectum for a couple coins

I do not want to save scum
i find that im autistic enough to be able to just mindlessly grind out save scum when i need to so thats not usually an issue for me

(((
Yes all the time. If I can steal stuff for free it I will attempt it.
)))

Only in Runescape, because;

1. It's a part of a skill set that let's you do cool stuff like bypassing obstacle and quest requirement. Oh and minigames.

2. Several resources require you to have the skill in order to acquire them. Higher level seeds for Farming skills are not sold, you have to pickpoket master farmer for that.

3. Maybe this is just me, but I never feel like to play as bad guy. And pickpocket/thieving skill in RS is more like "just another skill that you can acquire as high fantasy adventurer to solve specific problem".

Of course there's NuFallout that allows you to "reverse pickpocketing" a grenade into someone's pants. I think that's cool too.

Otherwise no, especially in game like Age of Decadence where you steal stuff and robe a guy's home to be a dick. I mean the only instances where the skill being used for.

Last edited:
Of course there's NuFallout that allows you to "reverse pickpocket" a grenade into someone's pants. I think that's cool too.
That's been possible since the first Fallout game. It —like everything else— is where Bethesda got the idea.

Dragon Age 2 made me quite homophobic. At least 2 of my male companions wanted to ' do it to me '. I find that more upsetting than some moral quandary about pick pocketing.

Oh, I am surprised. I thought Mr @Crni Vuk just ignored me. I know it was a trend a few months ago to put me on ignore, but that has been rectumfied.
Unless what you really mean is he wants to do it to me.

The only time I pickpocketed in games was in Daggerfall because it's super easy and non-consequential to do on enemies, and you gotta pinch a few coins or clumps of dirt from the werewolf you're allowing to maul you. And I think I used pickpocket once to put a grenade on someone in Fallout and watched them blow up.

I was never into thief characters.

It seems a bit strange when we don't like being a thief but kill things and people all the time lol. I had to stop playing ' Thief the metal age' and go to confession ;p

It's ok to kill the bad guys, but I don't want to put my hands in their filthy pockets!

Lol. I will remember that phrase. Next time I do a bit of pick pocketing I will say " Hmm I think I will cheap price this person " ;p

If you pickpocket on an Iron Man run you have...
124522.jpg

Pickpocketing in Fallout 2 was almost necessary for me.

Pickpocketing in Atom was a good way to not be broke all the fucking time too.

Back