Does anyone else kill all the merchants in Fallout 2?

ElloinmorninJ

Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?
Whenever I’m in one of the anarchic towns in F2, like the Den or New Reno, and even Vault City, I always kill Merchants.

In the Den I kill-
Tubby
Flick
Smitty

In VC I kill-
Happy Harry the merchant.

And in New Reno I kill-
Eldridge

I don’t know if I’m just a cheap ass or something, but killing the merchants and robbing them is WAYYY better than actually buying stuff with money fairly.

Don't the other townsfolk turn hostile? Or is it a covert kill? Yeah, FO 1 and 2 let you stealth kill a lot of the inhabitants using the lockpick skill or super stimpaks.

In most of my playthroughs, I usually play as a virtuous character (or at least neutral) which usually precludes violence in settlements unless that's what it takes to finish a questline. Sometimes I will accidentally turn one of the townsfolk hostile, and I will finish the fight before reloading.

Is there a role-playing rationale to your characters' wanton homicide of the merchant class?

I did once when I was young and getting my ass beat by the game. But then I felt too cheap and like I wasn't playing a character but rather being a minmaxing meta game monkey and reloaded the save.

Don't the other townsfolk turn hostile? Or is it a covert kill? Yeah, FO 1 and 2 let you stealth kill a lot of the inhabitants using the lockpick skill or super stimpaks.

In most of my playthroughs, I usually play as a virtuous character (or at least neutral) which usually precludes violence in settlements unless that's what it takes to finish a questline. Sometimes I will accidentally turn one of the townsfolk hostile, and I will finish the fight before reloading.

Is there a role-playing rationale to your characters' wanton homicide of the merchant class?
Because my character wants the best gear and armor, and the merchants’ prices are ridiculous

and the merchants’ prices are ridiculous
So is the loot you get in Fallout 2. A single encounter with highwaymen or slavers on the way from the Den to Vault city gives you enough to buy all you need. Besides, all the good armor is found, not bought from merchants.

Back