Does Everyday Life Go On?

Pog

First time out of the vault
A while back I was thinking, what if The Enclave aren't all we see. Maybe there is lush green streets, working families and all that lark. Okay, so the chances are slimmer than Ed, but do you think that what you see is what you get with the Enclave?

Pog said:
A while back I was thinking, what if The Enclave aren't all we see. Maybe there is lush green streets, working families and all that lark. Okay, so the chances are slimmer than Ed, but do you think that what you see is what you get with the Enclave?

I didn't know the enclave was a location.

I recall plenty of lush green streets on the oil rig. :mrgreen:

I must admit if there were any lush gardens on that oil rig I completely missed them.

Though I think they almost intended that kind of feeling with Fallout 3... at least superficially what with the eyebots and attempts to get the wastelanders to accept them. Also the concept art of Raven Rock showed it to be much bigger, almost like a Vault.
However they evidently got distracted by something shiny like 'splosions and forgot about it.

For some reason I was always facinated by the thought of a nearby underwater vault near the oil rig.

I think he is referring to Fallout 3

Anyway, I don't think we saw most of the facility because of the overall lack of living and entertainment areas we saw. I HIGHLY doubt anything was flourishing or anything. But I think they had some nice family quarters.

Sephis said:

Anyway, I don't think we saw most of the facility because of the overall lack of living and entertainment areas we saw. I HIGHLY doubt anything was flourishing or anything. But I think they had some nice family quarters.
Are you talking about the Oil Rig or Raven Rock?

As far as I know the Enclave is a military organization, not a nation. It's a branch of the US government (the so called shadow government of the States). After the war they take over the administration and the vault project, but they are still an organization with several departments. I do wonder, however, how it has lasted so long. Obviously they have to multiply in order to sustain their numbers, they only use people within the organization, but what remains mysterious to me is where and how the children are raised.

Lauch said:
Sephis said:

Are you talking about the Oil Rig or Raven Rock?
I believe he was talking about Raven Rock so I also am (The oil rig did not have streets ect obviously)

I doubt that operations such as Raven Rock have any 'civil' area's the Enclave is first and foremost a military operation. To assume that they have any role other than crushing those that oppose them.

I would however say that somewhere, Most likely quite a remote location... there are no doubts some small communities which would be recognisable as 'civilised' as we would know it.

Farming (crops / animals) etc is essentially quite easy with the right know-how and provided that the land isn't spoilt by radioactive fallout would provide healthy edible crops and would rear healthy animals.

I would expect any such area in post-apoc Fallout would be ignored for the most part by operations such as BoS and Enclave, being that as stated they would be remotely located, The advantages given probably wouldn't be offset by the logistics involved. Again this would lend it to be quite secure, only accessible with vehicles (which lets face it are in short supply) so defences wouldn't have to exactly be a priority of any such community.

So enclave controlled 'havens' perhaps not, remote self sufficient communities, probably.

Also, as some reference to this topic. I do believe that 'Vault City' could be considered - green streets, family life etc... and that was smack bang in the middle of nowhere (albeit on top of a functioning vault's entrance and quite heavily defended)

Back