Fallout 2 mod EcCo Gameplay Overhaul (new version for RPU)

Nice kind of answer: just mod it yourself as you like it. Yeah, you too. Hmm, yet I think that Phobos aim was not to make the grind longer, he wasn't concerned with XP gain as far as I'm concerned.
Just curious. How do you know what Phobos intended?
Don't get me wrong 30% cut in exp gain is dumb idea and on top of that it's not even working properly.
It's optional so I don't see a problem here. There should be original version of ECCO mod somewhere so you won't be bothered with ticking/unticking exp cut gain box if that is driving you crazy.

Reducing the exp at 30% - experimental and optional addition (added to the request).
Original Version 0.6.2 has a number of nasty bugs, that are described above (run installer and read info-page)
30% - according to some, it is considered the optimal variant (You may disagree, and add other options).

@Hubal - that's true, I can't be sure what his true goal was, but Phobos did develop this mod for a long time and for some reason he didn't tweaked xp in this way. Well, he had a lot of opportunities to do so, but it seems he was busy with more important stuff, like making all skills worthwhile. Like adding new possibilities to the player, making more builds and weapons viable. You also have a point that if it is optional; I just saw changelog and got triggered.

@_Pyran_ I am sorry. Even if I disagree, it is fine as long as it remains optional. I might check it in the future. Can I make a request too?

Dear Phobos:

I have been playing with your mod, and I have to say, it is quite good. The new types of ammo really liven things up, and the new damage formula helps a lot with making AP and JHP ammo useful.
Your changes to the effects of drugs have also been wonderful, and things like Psycho and Mentats are actually useful in battle.

Removal of Bonus Rate of Fire was puzzling at first, but it really prevents the player from becoming OP (Which i liked). I have had to rely on party members more (mind you, I use the setting that allows me to control them).

I made a few changes of my own, as I think there were still some issues with balance. I have done the following:

Burst size of most weapons reduced - Small Guns that used to burst for 10, now only fire 6 bullets per burst. Miniguns fire 20 (because 40 is just silly), while the HP 90k fires 8 (instead of 12). M60 unchanged.
Reason: I think burst is OP in Fallout. Big guns can have large bursts, since that is supposed to be the point. But mid-tier small guns (like Assault Rifle) shouldn't be able to one-shot most enemies in the game just by bursting. With 6 bullets, it is a lot more fair.

Shotgun Slugs damage modifier changed from 4/5 to 1/1 - At 4/5, slugs were totally useless, since Buckshot was +50% extra base damage, with only 4 less ammo penetration. This meant that buckshot was better even against heavier armor, when it is not supposed to be.

Value of most weapons significantly reduced - While I like what you did with barter, purchasing weapons was almost a non-starter, due to their insane price. I would recommend making them all worth less, which means a lot less loot of the player, but also be able to actually buy a new gun without spending 10K+ cash for something like FN FAL, which is absurd. On a side note, the Barter is skewed a little too much, as even with CAssidy at 80 Barter, I was getting gouged like crazy. I think reducing the prices of guns, combined with a slight increase in modifiers of prices (so your stuff isn't as worthless) should keep things balanced.
With this, I would also make weapons never explode, since I don't think this mechanic is necessary when guns are not worth as much.

Otherwise, fantastic work. Really breathed some life into Fallout 2. I hope that any future mods that are made (like the upcoming Sonora) use your sort of reasoning when it comes to balance.

Cheers.

Hello.
Phobos has not supported this mod for a long time.
What is the mod version? 0.6.2.x or 0.6.3b?
Trading scheme:
(a) change the buyer-seller scheme.
(b) I can offer the previous scheme.
Destruction of weapons:
(a) select the required multiplier.
(b) leave, otherwise the money has nowhere to spend.
Sonora - is unlikely.

(a) change the buyer-seller scheme.

Кстати что это за "хрень" ? я когда переделывал бартер ничего такого в скрипте измененного от тебя VS оригинал не увидел.

Кстати что это за "хрень" ? я когда переделывал бартер ничего такого в скрипте измененного от тебя VS оригинал не увидел.
Читай лучше, там об этом упоминалось. И ссылка давалась.
Вот, из readme:
> Цены:
------------
- Обновлена схема расчета и образования цен. В соответствии с замечаниями Loastaboard2:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/economy-and-combat-rebalance-mod.193578/page-22#post-4094076

Last edited:
Складывайте на гитхаб и будет видно что там поменяли.

Regular (DT 2) Needler ammo has damage modifier of 1/1, and AP (DT 5) version has 2/1: shouldn't it be the reverse?

To all the guys who still might have plans for this mod, can I (we) expect any new stuff or changes in 2020? I think there are still some areas to improve or nice things to have. Long time ago I had an idea about adding factions hit squads (a mechanic similiar to Bounty Hunters) like New Vegas hit squads: you get vilified status with Vault City, NCR or Shi and you will be mercilessly hunted by them (or maybe you are the hunter?) It could be fun imo and add more depth to wasteland politics/role playing.

I have some questions about this mod:
Does Bozar uses Small arms or Big Guns skill in this mod?
Whats the range for Bozar cus whan i used it it says 16% at 7th or 9th circle?

Складывайте на гитхаб и будет видно что там поменяли.
некому складывать

Regular (DT 2) Needler ammo has damage modifier of 1/1, and AP (DT 5) version has 2/1: shouldn't it be the reverse?
This is the author's decision

To all the guys who still might have plans for this mod, can I (we) expect any new stuff or changes in 2020? I think there are still some areas to improve or nice things to have. Long time ago I had an idea about adding factions hit squads (a mechanic similiar to Bounty Hunters) like New Vegas hit squads: you get vilified status with Vault City, NCR or Shi and you will be mercilessly hunted by them (or maybe you are the hunter?) It could be fun imo and add more depth to wasteland politics/role playing.
Since 2015, the mod has not been updated, in 2018 an corrected version was released.
No innovations are expected

I have some questions about this mod:
Does Bozar uses Small arms or Big Guns skill in this mod?
Whats the range for Bozar cus whan i used it it says 16% at 7th or 9th circle?
Heavy sniper rifle (big gun, as before in RP)
Min.str: 7
AP Coast: 6
Range attack: 50
Damage: 55-90

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to be a trader in this mod? I mean which wares can be bought cheaper in town X and sold high in town Y?

Does anyone know how to be a trader in this mod? I mean which wares can be bought cheaper in town X and sold high in town Y?

It depends on your barter skill and how many amount a city have from the items.Look which items the traders in that city dont have, that would make a good price to sell them.

Hi there.
Compatible with KRP 2.3.3.
It was not tested with UPU #18. It should work, BUT
You may need to migrate ini files and edit the path to them (in ddraw.ini), according to the UPU files (mods\ini config).
example: PerksFile=Perks.ini replace to PerksFile=sfall\Perks.ini (and other ini's)

Maybe I'll update it later to make it compatible

Last edited:
Back