Fallout 2 mod EcCo Gameplay Overhaul (new version for RPU)

Hey hey, a really great mod and i like the i can disable or customize features. But i can not find the option in the files to disable the radioactive Stimpacks. They are killing me more than healing. Is there a way to disable that in the settings somewhere? And can i edit the weight of ammunition to zero? I dont have the time to flip flap through Fallout 2 primitive inventory ( especially after playing Fallout Sonora). But i love the much more ferocious fights & the better playabilty with throwing weapons.

Hey hey, a really great mod and i like the i can disable or customize features. But i can not find the option in the files to disable the radioactive Stimpacks. They are killing me more than healing. Is there a way to disable that in the settings somewhere? And can i edit the weight of ammunition to zero? I dont have the time to flip flap through Fallout 2 primitive inventory ( especially after playing Fallout Sonora). But i love the much more ferocious fights & the better playabilty with throwing weapons.
Reset the weight and stimpacks - use the proto-editor.
And how is the inventory different? The inventory filter can be installed separately.

Couple of questions:

1) Is there thorough documentation that covers the items added in this gameplay overhaul? I have read the readme and not found any beyond scattered mentions of some of the new items, but not all of them.

2) What is the intended niche for Dragons Breath shotgun ammo?

3) Do first aid kits still have charges?

edit: the in game description for Dragons Breath ammo has it at positive DR 20, but the FO2 Damage Calculator linked earlier in this thread has Dragons Breath ammo listed at DR -10. Which one is accurate?

Last edited:
edit: the in game description for Dragons Breath ammo has it at positive DR 20, but the FO2 Damage Calculator linked earlier in this thread has Dragons Breath ammo listed at DR -10. Which one is accurate?
I think it depends on the formula used, previously it was YAAM, now it's different. And some of the things that were revised in 0.6.3\changed in 0.9.x

1) Is there thorough documentation that covers the items added in this gameplay overhaul? I have read the readme and not found any beyond scattered mentions of some of the new items, but not all of them.
I guess I didn't want to spoil it, so I only mentioned them generally to explain the intended purpose.

2) What is the intended niche for Dragons Breath shotgun ammo?
It does fire damage, so everything that has low DR against fire will go down quicker. Otherwise it's like a more powerful (but expensive) buckshot.

3) Do first aid kits still have charges?
I don't think I've ever changed first aid kits in this mod. However there's another mod that has (Mechanics mini rework). I was considering doing something about First Aid and Doctor skills but no plans yet.

This is strange because someone already told me about it (maybe it was you?) on Discord, I checked and confirmed that in game value matches the one from damage calculator. Maybe there's some mod conflict or installation issue? I'll check again after I update to latest RPU and sfall.

Hello phobos2077, is your EcCo mod compatible with newer version of RPU like after 2.6, the installer tells me that it's compatible with newer RPU after 2.6 but in your github release page and the readme file, this extra compatibility is not mentioned.

Hello phobos2077, is your EcCo mod compatible with newer version of RPU like after 2.6, the installer tells me that it's compatible with newer RPU after 2.6 but in your github release page and the readme file, this extra compatibility is not mentioned.
Hi. I'm working on releasing an updated version right now. Please stand by.

I play Fallout 2 modded using Win98 under Dosbox-pure on mobile (iOS).
That's hardcore. I used to extracting files from innosetup installers using TotalCommander plugin, so never gave much thought about it. I'll try to upload zip version with the next release, but there will be a few manual steps involved (editing ddraw.ini). Sadly, the way some sfall features are coded, simple drag&drop installation of some mods isn't possible

PS: I'm not even sure there's a modern sfall compatible with Win98. Without it you won't be able to use the mod.

Last edited:
That's hardcore.
PS: I'm not even sure there's a modern sfall compatible with Win98. Without it you won't be able to use the mod.

Actually there is a modern sfall that works for an i586 processor which dosbox can emulate!
https://github.com/kokee11/sfall9x

kokee11's sfall is up to i believe 4.4.1. Is your (im assuming your mod has a modified .dll) mod compatable with 4.4.1? Maybe im asking the wrong question.

kokee11's sfall is up to i believe 4.4.1. Is your (im assuming your mod has a modified .dll) mod compatable with 4.4.1? Maybe im asking the wrong question.
0.9.4 should be compatible with 4.4.1, assuming he merged all the required features. There is no DLL in this version.

Crafting underwent a deep rewrite this version with various UI/UX improvements and internal changes to make it easier to use for other modders (it is independent from the rest of EcCo, like an isolated system).

Full changelog later, for now wanted to share the new crafting button design and item description improvements:
craft_button_v3.png

craft_ui_2024_ammo.png

Created some new weapon sprites yesterday using my NIF->Blender->GIMP pipeline.

Home made frag grenade.
sprite_homemadegren.png

Throwing Hatchet - renamed from "throwing axe".
sprite_hatchet.png

Incinerator. Envisioned as lower-tier Flamer, with lower damage and range. Haven't made it into the game yet. My main concern is ammo economy - don't want to add clutter with separate fuel type but using Flamer Fuel it will have lower damage/ammo cost ratio and incentivize to switch to big flamer ASAP.
sprite_incinerator.png

"Thermic lance". Not sure about it yet, but I want to have end-game spear as alternative to the likes of Super Sledge with very high damage and penetration. There is Piston Spear from Tactics already in the mod (with weapon perk to negate 80% armor DT), but if I make it end-game capable, there will be too big of a gap between Sharpened Spear (tier 0, Arroyo weapon) and Piston Spear. I'm thinking about Sharpened -> Piston -> Plasma/Shock Spear progression.
sprite_thermiclance.png

The artwork looks fitting - nice!
These words coming from Pixote himself means I'm doing something right ))

I'm trying to decide what to do about Boomerang. I added it back in 0.6 era. Memory is fuzzy but I'm guessing I wanted it to return to you after hit, but never implemented this mechanic. After a quick research I found this idea to be completely unrealistic (there are non-returning boomerangs used for hunting historically). Some people say it's ok for a game, I'm not sure. I don't want it in current non-returning state because balance-wise it sits awkwardly between Throwing Knife (which I buffed) and Hatchet (don't want to restrict it to late game). Needs to have unique mechanic or replaced with something else.

Back