Encased - isometric RPG from St. Petersburg Kickstarted!

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
Age of Decadence or Battle Brothers haven't been funded by Kickstarter, authors never asked their audience for any money prior to release of playable build.
I remember reading something about Battle Brothers and Kickstarter. They wanted to make a Kickstarter for the game, but back then Kickstarter didn't support Germany.
Let me see if I can find which page of their Dev Blog I read that.

I found it:
http://battlebrothersgame.com/dev-blog-22-battle-brothers-faq/
General Questions
Q: How is the development of Battle Brothers funded and what are your future plans?

Right now we are funding the development out of our own pockets and most of us work on the game in our spare time. Here’s a quick overview of our future plans in chronological order:

1. Steam Greenlight campaign – we will start this step as soon as our trailer is finished, probably in September 2014.

2. A possible Kickstarter campaign by November 2014. If Kickstarter decides to come to Germany, that would make the process a lot easier.

3. Early Access to fund further development by the end of 2014 or early 2015.

4. Full game release sometime at the middle of 2015 via digital distribution plattforms.
So they wanted a Kickstarter for the game, but Kickstarter was too slow to offer support for German projects :seriouslyno:.

If anyone gets fucked over by this we will raise a shitstorm, so just don't invest $10,000 on jpgs of spaceships and you should be fine. Personally I just don't back games since I need immediate results with my money, but any isometric sci fi/PA RPG is worth supporting.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what's the details of the game's roleplaying mechanics?
Stat system? Ranging from what numbers?
Skill system? What skills?
Perks?
Traits?
Talents?
Is it free choice or tree format?
Branching dialogue or is it just asking questions so NPC's can spew exposition?
What can be expected from quest design in terms of choice and consequence and variable outcomes?
Will there be content locked out from the player depending on the character they choose to play as/develop over time that will only be accessible in future playthroughs? (which adds to replayability)

So what's the details of the game's roleplaying mechanics?
Stat system? Ranging from what numbers?
Skill system? What skills?
Perks?
Traits?
Talents?
Is it free choice or tree format?
Branching dialogue or is it just asking questions so NPC's can spew exposition?
What can be expected from quest design in terms of choice and consequence and variable outcomes?
Will there be content locked out from the player depending on the character they choose to play as/develop over time that will only be accessible in future playthroughs? (which adds to replayability)

Hi, thanks for your questions!

We covered Random Encounters and info about Factions in two updates -
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/2292257
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/2289472

We will cover all of your questions thoroughly in future updates, keep an eye!

We got two videos of encased's music so far, so we an have an idea of what it will sound like. One of them has just been recently uploaded.

I guess the music is okay, but bland and forgettable. Sounds like stock music. Guess it goes with the 70's sci-fi vibe they are going for though. The rest of the game looks good though, just that music is disappointing.

We got two videos of encased's music so far, so we an have an idea of what it will sound like. One of them has just been recently uploaded.

I guess the music is okay, but bland and forgettable. Sounds like stock music. Guess it goes with the 70's sci-fi vibe they are going for though. The rest of the game looks good though, just that music is disappointing.

Hi! Thanks for reporting - I need to clarify - these both tracks are for Dev Vids, trailers etc - not fin-gameame music and ambient. In game music will be produced by the composer of Pathologic 2 - Mushroomer and will be way more in the line with OSTs of RPGs of erly 2000s. Please stay tuned, there will be the second Update, dedicated to music :)

It always is a bit weird to me why the (original) trailer mixes/themes most of the times don't just find their way into the OST compilation or even the game, but I assume it's normally because of the nature of the song's licensing and copyrights?

It always is a bit weird to me why the (original) trailer mixes/themes most of the times don't just find their way into the OST compilation or even the game, but I assume it's normally because of the nature of the song's licensing and copyrights?
It might be licensing sometimes, but what is more important also - the game and video of the game have a very different nature. In the game you may wander in the wastes for 20 minutes, by just looking at dark corners for secrets and loot. In the vids you need to show something really quick, cause the attention of the viewer is very split up and he can turn it off any moment.

I need to clarify - these both tracks are for Dev Vids, trailers etc - not fin-gameame music and ambient
thank god because that first track sounds like something from spyro the dragon and the second could be someone's first adventure in fruity loops

as for the trailer, i stand by my opinion - i really don't dig the visuals, the graphics look bland and meh, the gameplay looks clunky and the art style is all over the place. the music, although not being in-game soundtrack, also show what direction are you going with it and it's not the direction i would go. but hey, i don't like the art in underrail and wasteland 2, either, and these are good games

Hi there! As you may already know, we really enjoy involving our community into the Encased development. Now is a really important moment for us! We’ve shown the first gameplay video of the actual pre-alpha game build. And we really need the feedback on this video - from you, our community, our players!

The pre-alpha gameplay looks pretty good, but what's unclear to me is if the voice-over is the actual game's narrator or is the narration only there for the purpose of this video?

The pre-alpha gameplay looks pretty good, but what's unclear to me is if the voice-over is the actual game's narrator or is the narration only there for the purpose of this video?
Only for this video, about the narrator of the final game we still not decided. Kickstarter take all our time and energy)

@TorontRayne
Is it weird that I prefer a system which you only have direct control over your main character? I know that AI can be very stupid but I prefer that the balancing of the combat system be done in the tactics spin-off.

@TorontRayne
Is it weird that I prefer a system which you only have direct control over your main character? I know that AI can be very stupid but I prefer that the balancing of the combat system be done in the tactics spin-off.

Not weird at all. I like both really.

Hi there!

How you may know we update regularly, uncovering facts and interesting details about our game and team.
And here the new one:
Encased Kickstarter Update #15: New social goal unlocked, livestream Q&A announced!
DocNiWgW4AcEOLJ.jpg

Back