Encounter Rate in Fallout Tactics

Claude Frollo

It Wandered In From the Wastes
How do we change movement speed of the player on the map where we meet encounters, mine moves so fast that I cant get any encounters.

Well mister this is very complicated for me who does not understand much what s going on with the file system. Is there a short way to decrease my movement speed in the map ? I re-installed the game applied the patch and still it moves too fast.

Encounter rate in my Fallout Tactics is fucking horrible.. many times when I go to somewhere that is far far away there's like 30-50 encounters. How to fix this?

2 years later - yes! Here is the solution.

Deep One said:
Can the encounter rates in fallout tactics be fixed or not?

Simply download this program, open the "FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar" and set it to the mod/game .exe then click "create .bat" and run the .bat file it creates. I found that setting it to DX9 in the program worked first.

FPS Limiter (All details here)
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26943828

Download (re-up courtesy of dattafilthyd in that link):
http://www.mediafire.com/?ym4g3rugdyg

Make sure mss32.dll (in fallout tactics) is in the mod you wish to play. I had to copy this file to get the fps limiter to run. I had it set to DX9 for whatever reason, but the point is now it is permanently normal in encounter rates! =)

Sorry for trying to resurrect an age old thread but I can't seem to find anywhere better than here to get a solution. I'm playing tactics and my FPS rate is over 2500. I get 6-8 random encounters every square and 60 to 70 random encounters. All of them can be avoided with my outdoorsman skill. However to the root of the problem, the frame rate is the case. I tried FPS limiter and the hooks it uses (dx8,dx9,ogl) is not supporting as the engine is running on dx7. I'm wondering how you got it to work because there's not dx7 hook to limit the fps. Please explain..

Yeah I guess so. BTW there's an easy solution. Download Dxtory and use it to limit the frame rate @ 30FPS. Dxtory with detect bos.exe (trust me, bandicam, rivatuner, FPS Limiter can't detect the game) at 30FPS the encounter rate is very normal. No more 5 encounters per square. I walked all the way to JCity from bunker alpha and got only 5 encounters. There's no actual way to stop wasting the GPU power. Your GPU will still produce 2500 frames per second and get extremely hot. I recommend playing tactics using an IGPU. I just switch to IGPU myself when I want to play it.

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem but i can't find the download for the FPS_Limiter. The link provided is broken and I get 18-20 encounters just going from bunker beta to Preoria! I'd appreciate it if someone could post a new link.

whoops grave-digin' by:Calfen.
You get fast on the world map when you have a car(scout is the fastest on the map) and the slowest if you have APC.I'm wondering how do you change date and time in FOT instead of 2197 to put 2289 or even 2550

O_O My brother has a copy of my old Vengeance mod and the date has been changed! But i have no idea how i did it. :/
I'll look through it a little more with HeX when i get a chance, maybe the HeX values provided are for a older version of Tactics??

There is a easy way to fix it...

Go in Bos.exe to properties then in compatibility there you put on Run in 640x480 screen resolution. In Game you have the resolution that you choose in options in game and the encounter rate is fixed.

Back