Escapist melts down again, no more Zero Punctuation, replacement SecondWind also melting

PlanHex

Legislative Senator oTO
Admin
Board Cop oTO
Orderite
Yahtzee quit:

Because the editor was fired:

IMG-2056.jpg

So was Jack Packard (who you may know from RedLetterMedia)
https://imgur.io/Ghz2GWo

More here:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...esignations-after-eic-firing/?sh=104b883fa349

I've been visiting the site regularly for yahtzee's content since ZP originally moved there, even in the weird period where there was literally nothing else on the site other than ZP and more spambots than the worst times at NMA.
I liked the DnD series they had going on with Jack as DM, which also seemed like it was pretty popular, so it sounds like the new owners shot themselves in the foot here.

Somewhere out there, Movie Bob undulates with satisfaction that he'd already been fired from there twice so this counts as a win in his book.

They're quick, already launching their own site it seems:

Might as well strike when the iron is hot.

Wait so what's going on now with The Escapist? They screwed their employees over, and now those former members founded their company? Is that it?

:confused:

I don't even know what Escapist even is and i don't care to find out.

I'm surprised this happened to the Escapist before RoosterTeeth
Looked up RT around the beginning of the year. There's a few of the old team still there, but not many. I think all of the founding members are gone other than Matt and Gus. Bernie doesn't do anything public now and has put RT behind him. Joel just posts about crypto and politics on Twitter.

All the problems came from the new hires!
I miss the old podcast days.

Yatzee carried that website on his back for the past decade or so. I didn't really watch ZP anymore because his opinions and tastes have progressively gotten worse for the past five years. Him hating on Senua's Sacrifice was the point where I just realized he had his head shoved too hard inside his own ass to recognize good games anymore. Still, that sucks for The Escapist.

FZoV3Sr.png

A bit off-topic, but what's up with Discord anyways? Will I understand these phenomena better if I read up the early life section of its founder on Wikipedia?

FZoV3Sr.png

A bit off-topic, but what's up with Discord anyways? Will I understand these phenomena better if I read up the early life section of its founder on Wikipedia?
Hehe that was exactly what I was going to ask. What the fuck is up with people on discord?

Aren't those both insults? The pride flag calling something gay is obvious but the other one. . .I dunno calling somebody a Diddler?

Yatzee carried that website on his back for the past decade or so. I didn't really watch ZP anymore because his opinions and tastes have progressively gotten worse for the past five years. Him hating on Senua's Sacrifice was the point where I just realized he had his head shoved too hard inside his own ass to recognize good games anymore. Still, that sucks for The Escapist.

Or he was tired of playing games that are just like that (cinematic slow paced time waster) for a job. You guys need to realize that was his job so it was not fun so he does not enjoy shit like a normal person would. This is why you listen to the words that are useful and shit can the rest.

Yahtzee quit:

Because the editor was fired:

IMG-2056.jpg

So was Jack Packard (who you may know from RedLetterMedia)
https://imgur.io/Ghz2GWo

More here:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...esignations-after-eic-firing/?sh=104b883fa349

I've been visiting the site regularly for yahtzee's content since ZP originally moved there, even in the weird period where there was literally nothing else on the site other than ZP and more spambots than the worst times at NMA.
I liked the DnD series they had going on with Jack as DM, which also seemed like it was pretty popular, so it sounds like the new owners shot themselves in the foot here.

what's with the flags?

I have no idea either, maybe the image is fake.
Otherwise, I assume this the way discord kids these days say "kys fagt" and "ur gay", but I have no idea what the Ukraine one could mean.

Also, I think the new non copyright infringing Yahtzee show called Fully Ramblomatic is supposed to go up later today, will be interesting to see because basically all of the Escapist video shows had the visual style modelled after Zero Punctuation, so will they go for a completely new one or skirt the line and risk getting sued? I mean it's basically stick figures anyway...

Googly eyes === legally distinct

Also I like using his dog instead of the imp.

I haven't watched it yet, will tomorrow, but I mean this is probably just going to be a weird imitation of ZP where instead of Fallout it is Schmallout, instead of Ghouls it is Schmouls. Dunno if I can get around that and the alteration in art design.

I mean this is probably just going to be a weird imitation of ZP where instead of Fallout it is Schmallout, instead of Ghouls it is Schmouls. Dunno if I can get around that and the alteration in art design
Can you imitate yourself? It's like that time a record company sued Niel Young for sounding too much like Niel Young. . .and lost.

Back