Evolution

Dark Predator said:
KillerJoe123, you came up with one helluva idea. great. in The Postman(post-nuclear movie) features a new race of cats. Half tiger/lion half good o'l Puma. i was thinking more looted labs with masses of excaped critters. even thought out a new race, would be great as playing character.

Well, aside from giving little indication that you really haven't paid attention to Fallout's setting, or for that matter had a clue about The Glow and Mariposa, I would suggest that you leave all of your munchkinfest "Wouldn't it just be KEWL?!?!?" concepts to yourself. Or take where such mental dreck belongs, to the BioWare forums.

if there is interest i'd make a pic of it...

I have a feeling MS Paint owns your soul if your attention to detail of text concepts gives you this much problem.

Dark Predator said:
in The Postman(post-nuclear movie) features a new race of cats. Half tiger/lion half good o'l Puma.

Are you sure this wasn't set in India? ;)

http://www.terradaily.com/2004/041219015913.tohe5524.html

The experiments even extended to mating lions with tigers.

Until we made guidelines 12 years ago, some were experimenting, producing 'Tigons' by mating tigers with lionesses and 'Litigons' by crossing lions with tigresses. None of these are now living

Almost, here's a better explanation of these cats and some pictures to see the differences.
Tigons are the offspring of a male tiger and a female lion.
Ligers are between a male lion and female tiger.

Ti-Tigons, Li-Tigons, Ti-Ligers, and Li-Ligers are all further offspring of a hybrid and a parent of the corresponding type, the base name is decided by the patron of the hybrid first and then the female following, but the prefixes are by whichever species the hybrid is mated to.

Now, I really don't see where this has much to do with what KillerJoe123 had to say, is suitable for inclusion into the setting other than "wouldn't it be kewl" as there was something about The Postman, some more genetic labs having some purpose in the setting, and suddenly we're supposed to believe that there's a new FEV lab or something of the sort.

If there was some plausible explaination behind why they would be more labs with more critters when the one we know of had raccoons and Jackson's chameleons, or why such a critter would be a player character in Fallout...fuck it. I'm through trying to delve some sense in that stupidity for now. :x

Roshambo said:
Now, I really don't see where this has much to do with what KillerJoe123 had to say, is suitable for inclusion into the setting other than "wouldn't it be kewl" as there was something about The Postman,

I just wanted to illustrate that hybrids are all but impossible, so one might as well loosen the reins of imagination and think up all sort of mixed breeds to prowl in the wastelands.

Of course, there's another thing. A lion's share of such hybrids are sterile, so I guess this is not an option, since Fallout is set quite a long time after the termination of all possible cross-breeding programmes. So this is where "deus ex machina" FEV needs to step in again, if you want to have such kewl critters in F3.

Oh, and I'm so damn happy those raccoons didn't make it in the game and good riddance! This whole idea reminded me if Icewind Dale or something... :Q

I blame the raccoons on Feargus.

Simply put, only he could think of something so insidiously Barney-ish, symbolic of his presence around the Fallout community. :D

Back