F1: NPC Mod

:oops: sorry... don't nuke me... Just kidding, bro! I'm really sorry, I didn't see this one, I'm really lazy... mama always said that, now my wife does it... :cry:

Hope they don't delay to put them working together, I just felt an urge to replay FO with these (gonna play Unarmed this time, never did it :P )

"F1 NPC Mod" was updated to v.3.0:
http://www.teamx.ru/eng/files/f1mod.shtml

Changes in v3.0:

- Fixed bugs, which caused game crush.
- Fixed various minor bugs, removed debug messages.
- "Best armour" option replaced with the "Change armour" option (current armour
changes to best armour from inventory).
- NPC will not use weapon type unusual to them.

Note! This version IS NOT COMPATIBLE with the previous versions!

Hi, is anyone else having trouble trying to get this mod working?

I've downloaded all the patches 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3.2 from TeamX.
Extracted and replaced the data folder under my Fallout directory for patch 1.1, then 1.2, then 1.3.2. Replaced all the files as the installation says. However I noticed that even after extracting and replacing 1.3.2 (because it has no fallout.exe file), when I run the game it still says version 1.2?

Finally I tried to extract and replace files again with f1npcmod. When I did a quick test by running to Ian and grabbing him, I get no new options to change his armor etc etc or anything like the one in fallout2. am I missing something?

Am I doing something wrong? Need help, thanks.

Actual Progression?

What changes actual happen for NPC's when they level with this mod? Do they have to be with you constantly for four levels to level up? Four levels from when you first encountered them? Do you have to actually have them in your party when you level up?
Thanks!

Nice mod but why can't I change Tycho's armor?

Ian works, I've seen him level up once and I've changed his armor twice (shown graphically too) to leather and then metal but I get no armor option in Tycho's dialog.

No as I said it works for Ian, and I have tried two different armors (planting them in his inventory), my installation was a fresh one with patches 1.1 -> 1.3 in the correct order.

I thought perhaps the armor feature hadn't been implemented for Tycho - what are others' experience?

Back