Fallout 2 mod F12SE unable to read Nevada Save files

DjCalin

First time out of the vault
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone else has run into the same problems that I have where whenever you click on a save file for Fallout: Nevada, F12SE states:

"19:56:50.525 ERROR Can't get type for item in inventory."

"19:56:50.527 ERROR Failed to load: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 2\Nevada (Complete Mod)\data\SAVEGAME\SLOT03\SAVE.DAT"

and

"19:56:50.538 WARNING File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 2\Nevada (Complete Mod)\data\SAVEGAME\SLOT03\sfallgv.sav was loaded with errors. Position 64/68"

I managed to 'solve' the "sfallgv.sav" by removing anything relating to sfall from the game files, but I'm still unable to edit anything.

When I try to save a file, the app claims:

"The size of the saved data is not equal to the size in memory. File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 2\Nevada (Complete Mod)\data\SAVEGAME\SLOT03\SAVE.DAT"

If anyone has found a solution to this problem I would love to see it.
Screenshot_35.png
Screenshot_36.png

it is stated clearly enaugh by Nevada team that Fo2 engine used for the game underwent several modifications which make savegames made with it to be incompatible with Vad's editor

Obvious source of problems is that game installed in Program Files. First paragraph in readme.txt tells not to do that.
I can check if there is a real incompatibility if you provide a link to where you downloaded the mod and upload your saves somewhere, so I can try to edit them.

Obvious source of problems is that game installed in Program Files. First paragraph in readme.txt tells not to do that.
I can check if there is a real incompatibility if you provide a link to where you downloaded the mod and upload your saves somewhere, so I can try to edit them.
After I posted this, I moved the files to their own folder outside of Program Files and it still stated that it was unable to get the type for item in inventory.

If I'm not mistaken this was the link that I used to download the mod:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nqfrkb5fllbpqx4/Fallout_Nevada_Mod_Us.exe/file

Here are my save files, I wanted to increase my strength from a 4 to a 5.

https://mega.nz/folder/ltRThKBJ#pqUecpoZ7l-gKdRzOfIZew

Mod is compatible and in fact installs F12se. You should have this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 2\Nevada (Complete Mod)\F12SE
Inside there is file "F12se_FN.png" it shows that you need to specify two overrides in settings. And you still need files to be outside of Program Files. When you run installer it asks for administrator rights and because of that it can write there. You can try to leave files in Program Files and run editor as administrator, but I don't know if it will work.

Mod is compatible and in fact installs F12se. You should have this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 2\Nevada (Complete Mod)\F12SE
Inside there is file "F12se_FN.png" it shows that you need to specify two overrides in settings. And you still need files to be outside of Program Files. When you run installer it asks for administrator rights and because of that it can write there. You can try to leave files in Program Files and run editor as administrator, but I don't know if it will work.
Thank you for helping, it seems so simple now.

Reviving this thread: my game isn't installed to Program Files but it is on an external hard drive and I'm getting the same memory error as the OP. Is that the problem?

My error message:

"The size of the saved data is not equal to the size in memory. File: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 2\Nevada Mod (Extended)\data\SAVEGAME\SLOT02\SAVE.DAT"

Last edited:
Back