Resource icon

Fallout 2 utility F2wedit ver 1.4.11.30

Cubik2k

Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?
Modder
Cubik2k submitted a new resource:

F2wedit - The tool for edit/create items PRO files in Fallout 1 and Fallout 2.

The tool for edit/create items PRO files in Fallout game. Since version 1.4.x.x supports files from Fallout 1.
Files "master.dat' and critter.dat' and EXE ('fallout2.exe' or 'falloutw.exe') are used for work.

Read more about this resource...

Cubik2k updated F2wedit with a new update entry:

update to support new Energy flag in Fallout2 to weapon protos (sfall 4.2/3.8.0).

F2wedit 1.4.10.29 will support new "Energy Weapon" flag to weapon protos, added in sfall 4.2/3.8.20 (thx to NovaRain).

This flag will force the weapon to use Energy Weapons skill regardless of its damage type.

Checkbox "Energy" is visible only with Fallout2 game. When Fallout1 is selected the checkbox Energy is not visible (because this flag is not supported in Fallout1).

View attachment 13327

Read the rest of this update entry...

Cubik2k updated F2wedit with a new update entry:

Small fix and added "AI weapon/armor priority" value display to weapon/armor protos for Fallout 2

- Fix for Energy checkbox - it works like other now, is disabled for weapons with not extracted protos.

- Added "AI weapon/armor priority" value display to weapon/armor protos for Fallout 2. They are calculated by the engine when AI searches for the best weapon/armor in the inventory (the armor part works for party members when you tell them to wear best armor).
The calculations are:
  • AI armor priority = all DT values + all DR values + AC
    For example, leather armor is 642.
  • AI...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Using f2wedit_1.4.11.30

Some notes on the app's behaviour. The only really important part is underlined.

Using F2wedit will add folders & files. It creates lst files in: art/critters, art/inven, art/items, proto/items & scripts (unless they already exist), it adds the msg files: perk, pro_item, pro_misc, proto & stat to the game folder (unless they already exist) and it creates a cuts folder (in text/english) (which should be a glitch). Probably pulls them all from master.dat. I compared them to ones I pulled myself from the master.dat and they were identical.
F2wedit does not change files in the text/.../game folder (it only creates ini files (in data/text/game) of "perk, pro_item, pro_misc, proto & stat" and then deletes them again. I only saw changes to pro_item.msg. First, the file's "date" updates each time, so it seems to make a save of it each and every time. And secondly, I noticed the following: First, it removed a space from {23101}{}{ }. Secondly, it removed any space it finds before a } (example: {}{}{farts. }). Basically the same as it does with 23101. AND last but not least, it adds a } to any line that does not end with it. AND it removes any line that does not start with a {. That means the practice of breaking lines (which is normally fine with the engine) will result in f2wedit deleting lines from pro_item.msg. Basically any line break in pro_item causes anything after that line break, and up to the next line that starts with a "{" bracket, to get deleted (tested & confirmed).
F2wedit can read a patch000.dat, but it cannot read a new critter.dat (as FoRes has it, for example). This should not be an issue normally, but if a mod adds something like the environmental armour (as RP mod did) and puts that (plus the lst) in a critter.dat extension, then the reader shouldn't be able to display the model for the armour item... I think? So it [AA frm & lst] would need to be pulled manually. Not a big deal, though.

Anyway, the underlined part may need looking into, as some pro_item files may get lines erased by f2wedit's behaviour.
The rest is just tech stuff, except maybe creating the cuts folder, which is possibly a glitch.

Back