Fallout 1 in my Fallout 2? It's more likely than you think! Fallout Et Tu Alpha Release

Some news from the ever glorious Fallout 2 modding scene, this time from classy cat @Lexx!
The mod Fallout Et Tu (or Fallout 1@2) implements Fallout 1 in the improved engine of Fallout 2, finally giving you the ability to shove Ian out of the fucking way. That alone makes it the greatest mod ever, but it also has some other quality-of-life improvements carried over from Fallout 2.
It doesn't seek to perfectly replicate Fallout 1, mind you, but it's as good as possible. Most importantly, it improves the modding basis of the game.
For more info, check here:
http://nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-et-tu-alpha-release.218045/

I realise this is still a work in progress, but all of the juicy extras that the Fallout 2 engine offers compared to the original makes this a God send. Cheers Lexx.

With Fo2 ai settings you can tell him not to burst his 10mm SMG into your back and it even works most of the time.

Don't worry. There is a restored Mr. Handy robot companion (optional) that can wield a minigun. That should even it out.

No. I have no idea where the wiki gets it's information from. By default he wouldn't even join you, so I'm guessing someone mixed stuff from mods into the article again. I have noticed this a few times already on the Nukapedia. There's also other articles where they clearly added FIXT changes but didn't marked them as such and it's pretty annoying.

The Vault wiki is a lot better when it comes to these things.

No idea what the Vault-Tec wiki is supposed to be. All I know is Nukapedia and The Vault.

No idea what the Vault-Tec wiki is supposed to be. All I know is Nukapedia and The Vault.
I also only know about those too. Never heard of a Vault-Tec wiki. :confused:
For those that might not know, The Vault is hosted by gamepedia.com and the Nukapedia is hosted by fandom.com (used to be wikia, but they merged with fandom.com a little bit ago).

Well, that's the modding wiki, it's something completely different. But other than that - here too, lots of wrong information and stuff modders should not depend on.

This will bring QoL changes to the first game! :nod:

It'll be nice, having the option of pushing your followers out of the way (instead of having to wait, and hope that they move away), or away of dangerous foes when they're bleeding (in combat). The addition of the 'Take All' action, ask your followers to holster their weapons, etc.

I made new graphics for Fallout2, seems they can now be used in the BIS Mapper (I never tried making new stuff for Fallout1, but from what I heard, it's incompatible, unless you convert some files), to create new locations for Fallout1, as well. That's what I'm hoping, at least (it would be fun to modify the first game). Some examples:

Big-Table-Enclave-Five.png
CAB2.png
SS102-Five.png

It could be very cool if done tastefully, which in my opinion would be only using new art based off the original art (introducing new aesthetics into the game is problematic, unless it's at the standards of the guys building Fallout Nevada). Making maps larger with more stuff would be tricky, because just adding empty space is pointless, it would need critters to make it feel realistic and critters need dialogue, scripting, etc.

I personally thought the maps in F1 were better designed than F2, places like San Francisco were crap, while the Hub was beautiful.

Back