Fallout 1 Scripting Tutorials?

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sorrow, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Sorrow

Sorrow So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Feb 9, 2006
    Do any F1 scripting tutorials/tools exist?
    All tutorials that I've seen are for F2.

2. Wasteland Ghost

Wasteland Ghost Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 20, 2005
  3. Sorrow

Feb 9, 2006
    Thanks. I'll try studying it a bit with a help of google translation.

BTW.
    Do you know if it's possible to use F2Mapper to edit F1 maps with dungeon elements (Vault 15, LA Adytum, etc.)? I tried it, but unlike others they crash after importing.

4. Wasteland Ghost

Wasteland Ghost Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 20, 2005
    There are several important differences between FO1&2 pro-files. Also there are little differencies in objects' lists. This includes ladders and cave elements, as well as creatures. Furthermore map file headers are little different for FO1&2. So... you better use Dims' mapper for this. ;)

5. Sorrow

Feb 9, 2006
    Well, I successfully used F2 mapper for most of the locations and I only needed to modify map headers to make them work in F1. I have problems only with those with some cave elements. Even moving F1 terrain protos didn't help.

I tried using Dims' mapper but it's unfinished - for example when I add new weapons to map, they get ammo without specified type which can't even be unloaded, also it tends to crash when I add new item pros to F1.
    Also, it doesn't automatically update creatures, which makes adjusting HPs after changing pros a torture.