Fallout 1: Which is harder, Master's Vault or Military Base?

I think the Vault is actually worse, because the Military Cathedral contains mostly laser/minigun mutants, which you can shrug off easily with your Power Armor, its the flamer/rocket launcher guys you need to be scared of there, and plasma is rare there.

Master's Vault has lots and lots of plasma rifles, everywhere. First time I tried to fight the Vault, I died to the Centaurs at entrance, because my combat shotgun didn't do crap to them. Yes, I finished Fallout 1 for the first time with a Combat Shotgun, instead of the .223, the Sniper Rifle or a Turbo-Plasma, it was a fine gun and I mostly eye-shot things. Worst part is level 3, where there's a room full of Nightkin officers with plasma rifles.

Mariposa was a much tougher nut to crack for me than the Cathedral. I've never managed to escape the military base without a fight, unlike the Master's Vault, where I've slipped in disguise using the trusty purple robe.

Mariposa was a much tougher nut to crack for me than the Cathedral. I've never managed to escape the military base without a fight, unlike the Master's Vault, where I've slipped in disguise using the trusty purple robe.

You should also be able to get through MB using robes. All you'll need in addition is to pass some Speech checks to bluff in dialog.

Back