Fallout 2 character editor/FALCHE2.exe says "Character

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by deathkitty, Jul 26, 2008.

1. deathkitty

deathkitty First time out of the vault

Jul 25, 2008
    Fallout 2 character editor/FALCHE2.exe says "Character data not found (main1)" when I try to open a game save slot with it, I tried both a quicksave and a normal one any idea why it does this?

i have both the "killap's Fallout 1.02+ (1.02.25) US/UK Patch" and the megamod installed maybe its not compatible with them but i would think it would be since they dont change the actual way save games work do they?

if there is no way to get it work is there any other way to edit your character? all i really want to do is add a third trait

2. Darek

Darek is currently unavailable

Jan 7, 2008
    I don't think it's possible to have 3 traits, at lest you can only choose 2 in FALCHE.

3. Kanhef

Kanhef Vault Dweller

Sep 2, 2007
    Only two variables exist to hold traits, so more than that is not possible unless you hack the game engine.

4. namad

namad First time out of the vault

Aug 7, 2006
    how about the issue that falche doesn't work at all?

how about the issue that falche doesn't work at all?

i accidentally started with 1trait instead of two and didn't realize it for a while and i'm too lazy to restart so i'd like to hack to edit in a 2nd trait ... which should be totally possible in an unmodded game why isn't it in this game? could i hexedit it? how? other?

5. Kanhef

Kanhef Vault Dweller

Sep 2, 2007
    Have you tried all the editors in the Files section? I'd be surprised if none of them can do it. If you want to hack it manually, this documentation will be helpful.

6. Darek

Darek is currently unavailable

Jan 7, 2008
    What he failed to mention, is that he's using the Megamod.
    Falche2 and Savegame Cracker can't open the saves, but Falche1 can. Unfortunately everything don't work correctly, maybe even most things, traits and perks seems to not work. The only thing I've tested to work is to change between male and female. Doing it manually may be the only possible way, but many of the values might be in a different place. Trial and error is the way I suppose.

7. Kanhef

Kanhef Vault Dweller

Sep 2, 2007
    It should still come just after the player's level and experience, which are easy to search for.