Fallout 2 Combat Problem

shadee

First time out of the vault
I'm posting this message as i'm hoping someone may be able to help me.
Basically i've done several of the missions relating to Vault City,Westin and New California Republic and am on my way between vault City and NCR when i keep getting a random encounter such as robbers, wolves etc.
I have either managed to start the first round or the attackers have and i fire one shot,have two points left.click on end turn which should move things on.
The end turn button is depressed and the attackers should then move,take action but nothing happens.
The action points lights are not lit,no one moves and the end turn button despite being depressed several times does nothing.
I changed the mouse from the wheel mouse optical to the original wheel one to see if this would do anything,it appears no to and this is more difficult for me to use.

I honestly do not know why this problem should occur and wondered if anyone could help me out or point me in the direction of a solution.

Does using the space bar work, and are you certain you're hitting the end turn button, not the end combat one?

My mistake it was the end turn button and not the end combat one.
Since i posted the message last night i may have found out what the problem was.
It appears that the area under the mouse by the optical sensor and the mouse pad where very dirty and i went around them both using and old toootbrush and toothpick to clean all the little cracks and crevices.

I plan on playing today and hopefully all will be okay.

I'll make a mental note to myself to have a clean up occasionally and this should cure everything.

Back