Fallout 2 ending crash HELP

Discussion in 'Fallout RPG Gameplay & Tech' started by Muznick, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Muznick

Muznick First time out of the vault

Jan 23, 2009
    Okay I know this subject has been covered before. I did use the search fonction and found some threads about people having the same problem:

I beat Frank Horrgian, I leave, I watch the nice cutscene, and then, no more sound, a new image appears every second and then the game crashes and hello desktop.

I've read answers about reducing the sound acceleration but .. I'm playing F2 on a mac (iMAC OS X 10.5.6) so I have no idea where's the sound acceleration option.

I tried restarting from another save but at the end the same infamous crash gets me back to my desktop (with all of my saves)

BTW I am using F2 1.02 official patch no mods were installed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Darek

Darek is currently unavailable

Jan 7, 2008
    I don't have a Mac myself so I have no idea if it's what you are looking for, but check out this patch.

Edit: It looks like that patch has been pulled actually. I wonder if you can get it from somewhere else?

3. Kanhef

Kanhef Vault Dweller

Sep 2, 2007
    Turn subtitles off. For some reason the ending slideshow screws up if they're on. I think that will fix the crash-to-desktop as well.

That IMG article is referring to the 1.02 patch – see this followup article from a few days later: http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ArticleID=6420

Of course, you might want to try killap's unofficial patch, since that fixes a couple hundred more bugs.

4. Muznick

Muznick First time out of the vault

Jan 23, 2009
    FIXED !!

Turning subtitles OFF did the trick.

Thanks an awful lot ! :)