Fallout 2, I can't get Cassidy to burst more often, and "Always" is greyed out, why?

Cairn

First time out of the vault
I've been playing using the killapp mod because everyone says that it made an effort to complete a game that was released before it was ready, and thus was way too buggy.

And when I look around online, I can only find people complaining about the amount of times their companions burst. Well, Cassidy doesn't seem to have an issue with hitting others very often, so I want him to burst wayyyyyy more than he does. I have him set on "Sometimes, don't worry about hitting me." And with that setting, he rarely bursts. He's been using the H&K CAWS.

I want to put Cassidy on "Always" burst, but it's greyed out for some reason. I tried to look online for some information on how to get the greyed out options back into being usable, but I couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know what I can do to get Cassidy to burst more. Also, for some reason, Cassidy doesn't like to use stimpaks. He literally gets killed more often than not before he'll even use one stimpak. I don't know what the issue is. Perhaps there's bugs in the AI that causes these issues?

Recruitable NPCs just don't have all options available, what you can tell them to do in combat is somewhat tied to their characters.

For example you can't tell Myron to only use stimpacks when hurt a lot or when he needs a tourniquet, the most restrictive setting for stimpacks for Myron is hurt a bit (or even lower?), which fits his cowardly character.

Not sure if there's any other reason for Always! being greyed out for Cassidy, but the reason could simply be that he doesn't want to. And the companion AI is just p dumb and doesn't always use stims even though you've set it to use them as often as they like, it doesn't have it's priorities straight.

Yes, see my sig for such mod.
Still, burst combat setting doesn't have anything to do with actual burst, in reality it's chance to hit setting.

Back