Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The companions appearance changing when they have armor on.
Some installer options are actually sfall or HiRes options. Just open ddraw.ini or f2_res.ini and change what you want.
To disable armor appearance mod open ddraw.ini and change EnableHeroAppearanceMod value to 0.

Some installer options are actually sfall or HiRes options. Just open ddraw.ini or f2_res.ini and change what you want.
To disable armor appearance mod open ddraw.ini and change EnableHeroAppearanceMod value to 0.
That's for the player's appearance, not companions. If you want them to not change appearance, you'll have to reinstall the RP. Just uninstall the RP and then reinstall choosing the options you want.

EDIT: To those asking about the next release, well, let's just say I hear sleigh bells approaching.

Hello.

I have run into some problems with Restoration Project 2.2.

First, I seems to have a problem getting out of New Reno 2nd Street.
The game crashes whenever I try to move to another area or load another save from there.

Also, the game crashes whenever I get a game over.

They only happen when High Resolution patch is enabled, so I disabling it.
Then I got problems with accessing certain areas (like the first area in the temple of trials, where only 4/5 of the first room comes into the screen).

I tried uninstalling everything and reinstalled Fallout 2 with High Resolution only and that run smoothly, so my guess is that it is the combination of Restoration Project and High Resolution patch on my system that causes the problem.

Any help?
(Apologies, if this isn't the place to ask for technical problems)

I'm using:
GoG version of Fallout 2
Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2

My System Specs: (not exactly a great choice for gaming, but I think it should be fairly capable of running a game from 90s)
Laptop
RAM: 4 GB
Processer: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200@ 2.13GHz
Video Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

That's for the player's appearance, not companions. If you want them to not change appearance, you'll have to reinstall the RP. Just uninstall the RP and then reinstall choosing the options you want.

EDIT: To those asking about the next release, well, let's just say I hear sleigh bells approaching.
Sorry, but how do I uninstall it? I can't find directions for that. And is there any potential for needing to restart the game after reinstalling the RP?

Did the RP change something with the mirrored shades? I just dug some in Golgotha but I don't see a +1 CH in my stats. I have 8 CH when they're in my inventory and 8 CH when I drop them.
RP doesn't touch the mirrored shades. Are you sure it's in your active slots?

Salvatores guard has the shades that give the player +1 charisma, the one in the grave does nothing. To get the shades Mason must die...

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Mason

Sorry, but how do I uninstall it? I can't find directions for that. And is there any potential for needing to restart the game after reinstalling the RP?
Add/remove programs under Windows. Just to be 100% safe, though the uninstaller shouldn't remove them, you should make a backup of your save games. They are in the DATA folder of your Fallout 2 installation directory.

Add/remove programs under Windows. Just to be 100% safe, though the uninstaller shouldn't remove them, you should make a backup of your save games. They are in the DATA folder of your Fallout 2 installation directory.

OK, thank you.

Did that, bit of a problem. Sulik, who I'd had in leather armor, is now invisible when standing still. He shows up, wearing leather armor, when he moves, but only then.

Talk to him when he's visible and then tell him to remove his armor. Then have him put it back on again. Yeah, sorry, you'll have to do this for each of the companions you have. The game still thinks they should be in their new appearances, which are no longer there since you reinstalled without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back