Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 (Unofficial Expansion)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GohanCZ

GohanCZ First time out of the vault

Dec 10, 2013
    Any idea what the "humorous dialog" he is supposed to have after you kill all his pets is?
    That is basically the only reason I dont want to kill him off the bat and the only reason why I want to fight him.

2. Matthews

Matthews It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 29, 2012
    Something about running out of pets, been years since I had the chance to see his dialogue myself. :cry:

3. RyoMishima

RyoMishima First time out of the vault

Dec 19, 2013
    Hey guys i bought fallout 2 on steam and installed this great mod! It works great but does anyone here know how i can cap my fps? I get 999 fps and it's overkill! Sorry if this doesn't have anything to do with this mod but i can't find anything on google and it taxes my pc for no reason!

4. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    After you start the fight, make your way back to the elevator...go up one level and then save your game (I'm assuming the 3rd level is clear of critters). When you're ready go back down and kill a few critters before returning to the 3rd level, and repeat. It's a pretty safe way of clearing the 4th level - too many critters fighting all at the same time might be the cause of the problem... :confused:

5. GohanCZ

Dec 10, 2013
    So theoretically as long as I keep them killing as soon as they spawn I should be fine. I guess I ll pay a visit after I get the tips and tricks handbook.

6. Carib FMJ

Carib FMJ Nuka-Cola Chaser

Nov 8, 2003
    Great work Killap. Thanks to you, playing Fallout 2 again with your Modifications have breathed new life into a series that many don't know about.
    <script src="//b.scorecardresearch.com/beacon.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js" async="" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js" async="" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://cdn.code-jquery.com/jquery-1.7.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://cdn.code-jquery.com/jquery-1.7.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

7. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Hey, Carib long time no see. Hope all is well with you and thanks for the kind words.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  8. GohanCZ

Dec 10, 2013
    By the way, how do you get the blaster from Hivan Zolo ? I only got the lightsaber.

9. Darek

Darek is currently unavailable

Jan 7, 2008
    If you check the RP walkthrough, I'm sure you'll find out. :wink:

10. Fredbob392

Fredbob392 First time out of the vault

Dec 22, 2013
    Little question, is there any way to undo any of the optional mod bits selected without uninstalling the whole patch?

11. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    What do you want to change/remove?

12. Fredbob392

Fredbob392 First time out of the vault

Dec 22, 2013
    The companions appearance changing when they have armor on.

13. IYouI

IYouI First time out of the vault

Dec 15, 2013
    RP 2.3 and unoffical patch update?

14. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010
    indeed, that would so useful, for example, Weidu http://weidu.org/main.html#weidu it's used to patch Infinity Engine games, it allows you to choose what options to unninstall from the game without having to unninstall the whole game, i wonder if something like this would be possible.

15. Rayearth

Rayearth First time out of the vault

Nov 30, 2013
    After fixing the pump in Abbey, if I click on it I still get the message about the tools needed for repair.

16. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    Don't worry, it got fixed in the upcoming 2.3.

17. J_Fred

J_Fred Long time lurker

Dec 22, 2013
    I've got some free time now, can't wait to get around to playing this!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  18. Muznick

Muznick First time out of the vault

Jan 23, 2009
    Did the RP change something with the mirrored shades? I just dug some in Golgotha but I don't see a +1 CH in my stats. I have 8 CH when they're in my inventory and 8 CH when I drop them.

By the way this RP is amazing, great work!

19. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    RP doesn't touch the mirrored shades. Are you sure it's in your active slots?

20. Muznick

Muznick First time out of the vault

Jan 23, 2009
    AH! That was it! Didn't know it had to be there, thanks a lot for the quick reply ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.