Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project Discussion (ideas/suggestions)

Guys, however much fun it would be with new or earlier big\energy guns it's not part of the the restoration project. It's not something that was planned or are broken so it does not fit in this mod.

There is an energy gun you can get pretty early in game, the phaser, at level 6 in a random encounter.

cheers

Hey, Killap would be able to add a button or shortcut to exit a city without needed to go the first area to walk on the exit zone. It's pretty boring with cities like NCR, VC and Gecko.

When we enter cities, there are many shortcuts to go to different places (and it's bugguy e.g. you can go to the vault in VC with Marcus and Lenny) which are very practical. Try 3 or 4 in VC and Gecko and you will see ;)

Thanks, in advance

Oh, touriste!
Come on now! It's an RPG, not Chess! Turn on "Always run" if you don't like walking. 3 clicks will get you to the exit grid of any area. You can always turn it off if you need to sneak. 8-)

How about some small improvements/additions to random encounters. I always thought grenades were to few in the game. So:
Moonshiners (npc that carries any sort of knife), add Molotov Cocktail (0-2)
Bootlegger (npc that carries any sort of knife), add Molotov Cocktail (0-2)
Robbers (npc that carries any sort of knife), add Grenade (Frag) (0-2)
Highwaymen (npc that carries any sort of knife), add Grenade (Frag) (0-2)
Enclave_Patrol (weakest npc), add Grenade (Pulse) (0-2)

I know the pulse grenades seems pointless, but any robotic party members should be affected (not sure if they are currently).

Killap, your RP still comes with the installer, right?

Your installer allows you to install B-team mod and/or (now) NPC armor mod... Are those 2 compatible?

Elitech said:
Killap, your RP still comes with the installer, right?
Of course.

Elitech said:
Your installer allows you to install B-team mod and/or (now) NPC armor mod... Are those 2 compatible?
The installer will only include the new npc armor mod as an option. The B-team mod has been removed.

@ Killap What about the Robot´s in the SAD they should be launched even when the player is unlocking the door ...that would be a nice fight.
I don´t think that it was intended like it is in the originall game?

They do turn hostile if you attempt to open a door without using one of the eyes in a jar on it. I found that out the hard way. Well I say hard, I mean the "slaughter the robots and steal all the shotguns" way :P

hey killap do you think it would be possible to add my infinite party members mod as an "extra" to yours (like how you can choose various extras via your installer)? I'll be done probably soon. (all the while hoping an admin takes down my current mods from the files section... i hate redundancy!!)

hey killap, please do not add infinite party members to RP. because it will ruins all the game, even as extra option.

I think a more obvious argument against it as an option is that it was specifically not what the devs intended or may have done given extra time or testing. You can tell by the Magnetic Personality perk saying "but remember more than 5 is always a crowd".

hmm.. now that i think about it, yes your right. It would probably be better suited to be in MegaMod as an available extra instead. :)

MrElusive said:
...It would probably be better suited to be in MegaMod...

Nope. Not gonna put in the Infinite Party mod. The Megamod already has a way to get all potential party NPCs to join you at the same time: the Cult of Personality mod. It allows you to get all party members if you meet the criteria. I like that much better than getting everybody, in a sense, "for free."

Minigun Jim said:
They do turn hostile if you attempt to open a door without using one of the eyes in a jar on it. I found that out the hard way. Well I say hard, I mean the "slaughter the robots and steal all the shotguns" way :P

I mean the immobil ones on the right side. :)

mmm.. MIB would you be interested in the concept of having a mercenary camp, giving the ability to "hire" npc's as it were for high prices (and with them starting with no inventory). With the remod of the encounter tables to have more extravagent amounts of enemies fighting each other this would make your "team" be able to fend for themselves for once.

The concept comes as an alternative to watching your unique npc's die and having to reload. ie: even though a merc might cost say.. 15k, if they die in a heavy firefight against say a heavily armed enclave patrol; you don't have to reload the game coz they would be expendable as you could hire more. A finite party limit would be good in this case, so you can't just mass an army.

It manifested itself as every time i reloaded coz i lost a party member, i felt as if i was cheating in some way... after all if the dev's knew you would reload everytime you lost someone in a fight, they would have given them invincibilty in the first place.

The merc camp could start unknown at first, then possibly be found by putting a map in SAD or the military base lower levels.

MrElusive - don`t you think that discussing your mod would be more precise if it will be continued in some other thread?

not when it's just a concept and also not when it's related to adding it into either the MegaMod or RP projects. :P

Hey. I have a suggestion for 1.2
More options for Kaga. When he gets the minigun, but you've only got metal armor mk 2 or something, it's unsurvivable. I loaded 10 times before I remembered Vic has the Bridgekeeper robes, and wore those. Even then I was waiting for an unlucky shot from Kaga a couple of times. Additionally NPCs have a tendency to stand right in the path of the bullets and die on his first shot.

The cutscene needs to not be locked and give you a chance to shoot first and cripple his arm or something.
Or, to not trigger until you approach him, so you have time to take some chems or run.

Failing that, give him smaller guns! Much smaller. Miniguns and Gatling lasers at point blank range are deadly unless you're rushing through the game to get Combat Armor fast. I'd suggest replacing the Minigun with a G11 and the Gatling with a Laser Rifle.

As you can tell, this is really annoying me as it's effectively ended my game by trapping me in Redding.

Aslo, there's a bug whereby you can accindentally hit corpses instead of the target, as if the corpse was still targetable. This only appeared after I installed the RP.

Back