Fallout 2 Stories

AWildmann

It Wandered In From the Wastes
Hi everyone,

I don't know if there is a topic like that already in these forums, but I thought it would be nice to share a few experiences from Fallout 2 with other players. Please fell free to share some stories too.

Yesterday I was re-playing Fallout 2, but this time I planned a big gun fella, but since I wouldn't be finding big guns anytime soon I tagged melee and had it as my main combat skill until I found something good.

So there I was with Sulik and Cassidy in Vault City, after I finished all quests and was ready to get the car, I thought on leaving Sulik at VC and going back to The Den and get Vic as a new NPC, but since the way 'till there was long I thought he would be better off helping me rather than resting at VC.

So I am underway to The Den and I thought "Hell, I should finish the quest to save his sister, and then tell him to stay there with his sister!".

So there comes the idea of going on saving her, but damn, is it hard to kill those slavers at Metzger's Slave camp with a Melee character. I finally attemped it by sneaking right when I entered the map, which worked and then I went through the woods to avoid anyone in the shacks, then I finally get to the door where his sister is. I then remembered that the only way to open that door would be by using the key that the Slaver's captain had, because everytime I tried to unlock the door, Sulik's sister would engage dialogue with me. So then I realized that something would go wrong. :(

I then start taking the guard with the dog alone, but once the dog attacks me every other slaver are now aware of me! They start coming and I go into the shack to try to pull Sulik and Cassidy to safety, which works in the beginning. But then one last slaver bastard comes out of the house and Sulik storms him even though he was set to stay close. I then proceed to charge the slaver and attempt to kill him before Sulik dies, since he was already pretty wounded.

And goddamn, I didn't manage to reach him on time, and Sulik gets shot and dies, after then I manage to kill the slaver. I thought on reloading the game, but things wouldn't differ much since my skills wouldn't help. Then I manage to save Sulik's sister and we are back at their village.

And boy was it sad when I told her that he died. She started crying, even though she thanked me afterwards.

That makes me see how nice this game can be, in no other game-run I had allowed an NPC to get killed, so I never saw the reaction of the NPCs that knew him.

After that I decided to save the game as it was, and know I will always remember that darn annoying tribal as a great NPC, which sacrificed his life trying to save his sister!

So long friend Sulik, may you rest in peace on the Vaults of Heaven!

I remember just starting a character and in around a hour i put him up four levels.

So there i am traveling to Vault city and WHOA-encounter.

My HP was around 50 and there was around 5 raiders, one had a pistol and shot me once, hit around i think 5, so i thought to myself i dont need to heal or run away he can probably only hit around 5-10 damage, so then he shot again and then............BOOOM, part of my body was exploded into bits and it read that he hit a critical of 250 damage.
GOT TO LOVE FALLOUT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lemonold said:
I remember just starting a character and in around a hour i put him up four levels.

So there i am traveling to Vault city and WHOA-encounter.

My HP was around 50 and there was around 5 raiders, one had a pistol and shot me once, hit around i think 5, so i thought to myself i dont need to heal or run away he can probably only hit around 5-10 damage, so then he shot again and then............BOOOM, part of my body was exploded into bits and it read that he hit a critical of 250 damage.
GOT TO LOVE FALLOUT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I always had that in Fallout 1. Group of super mutants with miniguns, firing JHP ammo. Me wearing power armor, they pretty much don't do any damage. Then BOOOM, ~200hp critical. Fuck.
Happens pretty often, too. Fuckin' minigun does either christraping amounts of damage or no damage at all. If it hits, then for real :D

Hell, I can say for myself that the Unity Group encounter is my worst nightmare.

I seriously have never ever beat a single group of those bastards, I always start hitting the guys with the rocket launchers, but then the miniguns just tear my NPCs apart.

Seriously, I freaking hate that encounter. And also love it.

I remember playing through fo2 the second time i got to myron and since i had no npcs at that time i took him w me since hes comical as all hell after that i decide to go to san francisco when we encounter 6 random alien encounters,and since i had no good weapons or armour i kinda bail out. Now the sad part begins when we encounter some enemies fighting eachother.Since i had only a sub machine gun and a few low tier weps i decide to let the enemy kill eachother and finish off the rest, so i set my smg to burst and dam....myron was hit for 50 damage and had exploded from all the gunfire

RIP Myron

Usually the top 1 party-killer for me was Sulik

Hell, is there any npc worse than him for burst weapons?

That's like giving a kid who wants to play catch a live grenade and telling him its a baseball.

Back