Fallout 2 - Time Limit?

• Thread starter Thread starter Alan
  • Start date Start date
A

Alan

Time Limit

Is there a time limit to get the GECK?

I didn't think there was but the old guy keeps coming to me in a "dream" and telling me to hurry.

He's just been for the 3rd time and I'm still trying to clear the Wannamingo Mines. I know where Vault 15 is so should I go there quick ?

TIA
Alan

PS Hope I don't have to start again because of a time limit :-(

RE: Time Limit

There is no time limit for the GECK except there is a game time limit of 13 years (pretty hard to reach through)

Thei is a time limit to get the GECK. If you had your 3rd Hakunin dream i would hurry to vault 15 and try to find the GECK from their. After that the game time limit is 13 years (including the GECK quest).

JR

Nunc ut nunquam

You're wrong

Quoted from the official Fallout 2 FAQ: "There is a hard coded time limit in the engine for 13 years, but other than that, you don't need to complete the main plot within a certain time period."

http://www.dribbleglass.com/images/satan-pro.gif

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist."

there is no hope for you!!!!
once I tried a new game with a person that had 100% in outdoorman
hurried down finding the geck(i didn't even have my first dream by then) and when I got out of the v13 cave that ugly jackass motherfucker hakunin showed up with dream number 4 i dont think you can do it without going to the oilrig and all that shit!

arg......

u got all the time in the world....just do whatever u wish....i mean 13years is A LONG TIME....i only reached the limit the first time i played the game...i didn't have a car and wandered AROUND every time i didn't know how to complete a quest

RE: arg......

What? Time Limit? I've beenm playing the game forever, and I still haven't met a time limit.

Have you guys noticed how boring it is to wander around after you beat the enclave and everything?

It is incredibly gay.

RE: arg......

I'm with whoever says 13 years is the timelimit...the first time i played it i wandered around getting in random encounters, gaining xp, guns and stuff till i was freakin pumped, but unfortunately i wasted about ten years so by the time i got the hy-mag it sayd you have failed and crap. In another game i got the geck and stuff and i wandered after i beat the game for about 5 more years and havent encountered a timelimit yet..

-Silencer

Time Limit?

Sorry for a trivial question, but is there a time limit in Fallout 2? Hakunin's reminders are troubling me. Time to time, I keep wondering if all I'm doing gonna be for nothing because of some time limit I wasn't aware of.

Leo

RE: Time Limit?

13 game years before you have to do the oil rig quest.

There is no time limit after the official quest.

Starseeker, signing off.

"The final price of freedom, is the willingness to face the most frightening being of all, one's own self."

RE: Time Limit? (SPOILER)

>13 game years before you have
>to do the oil rig
>quest.
>
>There is no time limit after
>the official quest.
>

Nah, you have 13 years to do anything and everything. After that the game ends no matter what. Or am I wrong? The Hakunin warnings can be ignored because everything that happens will happen no matter what.

/Per

time limit

theres no time limit on F2 is there? i didnt think so but ive gotten 3 of those 'chosen-we-need-your-help-boo-fuckin-hoo' visions and i dont want the game to end becuase im too lazy to go get the geck.

RE: time limit

There's no time limit to complete the quest (at least I'm pretty sure there isn't). However, there is a time limit of 13 years built into the game. This is just the number I've heard, but since I'm not ambitious enough to actually test it, I'll just believe it.

Time Limit thing

Hey I was playing my game and all of a sudden (while i was walking from city to city) I got the message "THE END" and it forced me to quit, the games limit is 13 years and i was curious if anyone knows how to do something with the files or such to stop it? my game rocks and i dont wanna loose it

RE: Time Limit thing

I dont think you can change it. What the hell did you do that took 13 game years?

RE: Time Limit thing

i was just running around the map killing and pillaging the land through encounters getting tallys in my kill meter, collecting drugs, booze, cash and all that and leveling up.....i mean there has to be a way to take that time limit off, or like reset the date so it doesnt get to the ending date or something

Yeah...Someone told me you had a 13 year time limit on this game. I do not believe thats true. Is it? Ive played it for LONGER than 13 years. I know I have. My char went from 16 to 45. Please tell me if the 13 year limit is true or if its just bull. Thanks

16-45! :shock:

I had heard of the 13 year time limit, but I never confirmed it. Had you beaten the game before 13 years was up?

Back