Fallout 3 mod idea

lolpop109

Water Chip? Been There, Done That
Modder
Hi all,

Just came up with this idea for a mod for FO3. It make require alot of effort but here it is;

Basically the mod is a complete overhaul for FO3. It basically coverts FO3 to what would happen after the GECK is used into the water. I am thinking the mod take place about 30 - 40 years after FO3 ends. This was just a few ideas for settlements

Gray Ditch - After the ants gone, a new settlement springs up. Carvans start to run there to rivet city and its location but safety from D.C makes it a valuable location. New but rich society.

Big town- Grows in size as threat are decreased but still suffers from slavers

These are just a few ideas of what could happen I don't know what to do about any major settlements e.g Megaton as that was the players chose. However I would develop the brotherhood of steel and make some new settlements.

If that sound like a cool idea let me know

Well then maybe I'm very rare ! I don't think its a massive massive mod as you won't have to recreate the landscape ect from scratch such as what I am already doing in my mod 'Fallout Atlanta'. Things like navmesh would already be there so you have something to start with where as when you make a new world space for yourself that be tough as I have found out

Well then maybe I'm very rare ! I don't think its a massive massive mod as you won't have to recreate the landscape ect from scratch such as what I am already doing in my mod 'Fallout Atlanta'. Things like navmesh would already be there so you have something to start with where as when you make a new world space for yourself that be tough as I have found out
So the mod idea is that you can play through what should have been fo3's ending slides?

Well I hope you still find people who are as passionate about Fallout 3 as you are to help you with this.

So the mod idea is that you can play through what should have been fo3's ending slides?

Yes basically. I won't overhaul everything about the game at all it would mainly be focusing on settlements. I kinda have an idea for a main story line but i guess that could come in much later. I guess the start of this mod would be editing settlements such as grey ditch.

The ending slides change depending on different breakthroughs I'd probably have to go with things that where kinda cannon some how ? I think that be the only thing hard about the mod. Would megaton be destroyed or not? I'm guessing as moria survives to write the wasteland survival guide then I guess so.

I could also explain the idea I had for the main story line if you wanted to hear it ?

Yeah let's hear the idea. And megaton probably shouldn't be de stroyed imho as the lone wanderer would have no realistic motivation to do so. (500 caps isn't exactly a princely sum).

Yeah let's hear the idea. And megaton probably shouldn't be de stroyed imho as the lone wanderer would have no realistic motivation to do so. (500 caps isn't exactly a princely sum).
Well if the main character is a homicidal psychopath, 500 caps is more than enough.

Well if the main character is a homicidal psychopath, 500 caps is more than enough.
If just rather keep bad writing out of the mods canon. The lone wander doesn't make sense as a homicidal psychopath considering the things he's does canoncially speaking. But its gonna be your mod. You do you.

If just rather keep bad writing out of the mods canon. The lone wander doesn't make sense as a homicidal psychopath considering the things he's does canoncially speaking. But its gonna be your mod. You do you.
Yeah it doesn't make sense for the main character to be a homicidal psychopath but letting people play as one is appealing to a lot of people. This mod is not going to be my mod, by the way. It's going to be lolpop's mod.

Yeah it doesn't make sense for the main character to be a homicidal psychopath but letting people play as one is appealing to a lot of people. This mod is not going to be my mod, by the way. It's going to be lolpop's mod.
Ah. You could play as somewhat as a sociopath in the classics and it made sense in the situations you we're in. But it doesn't make sense to roll into a town and blow it up for a mere 500$ especially when that town is a much needed source of info and the only reasoning given is the town is an "eyesore".

Well first up I was thinking what if the lone wander didn't do anything ? And ya know over time just blow up ? I only thought this because I could create another city witch could be cool as there not too much to megaton or other wise I was pretty much gonna leave it. Another thought I had was that town grow alot smaller as the the water system broke (Dam that old man) and they came dependent on the Water caravans. Still atown but lest relevant I feel.

Well my idea would as the water caverns expanded the brotherhood of steel and rivet security hire people the run the caravans out to Canterbury commons and even outside the wasteland itself. You where on of those people working on a caravan. Your home town was an dale (No not a cannibal) as the lone wander killed the people there. A new group of settlers settled there and that's your home town. Thats pretty much the back story. For the main quest I am less certain but I feel like the water caravans start running out ovi theres still water but less keep making journeys out to far away places (specifically andale) So you set off to find out why water caravans aren't coming to your settlement anymore.

Thats really all I got so far I'd rather just let that idea develop for awhile , I am thinking that the water idea only kicks the main story off. I feel like it go away from that as FO3 was all about the water concept. However it could to be how be are getting greedy and might start selling the water as there own to makes caps ect. It show how a pure idea can be taken by others as an opportunity to make caps. As the wasteland we be more developed now with more towns and more caps. People will start getting greedy again. I kinda like that idea

Just started work on this, dam there gonna be a lot of deleting but oh well here it goes !

Back