Fallout 3 out in Europe

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
Press releas'd.<blockquote>Fallout 3 Now Available in Europe
Most Anticipated Game of 2008 Hits Retailers

30 October, 2008 (London, UK) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax Media company, announced today that Fallout® 3, its award-winning post-apocalyptic video game, is now available online and in retail stores across Europe. The game will be available in the UK and Australia on 31 October. Developed at Bethesda Game Studios – creators of the 2006 Game of the Year, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® – Fallout 3 is now available on the Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and Games for Windows.

Fallout 3 has captured audiences worldwide with its dark humor, compelling storyline and stunning visuals. The game features one of the most realized game worlds ever created. Set more than 200 years following a nuclear war, you can create any kind of character you want and explore the open wastes of Washington, D.C however you choose. Every minute is a fight for survival as you encounter Super Mutants, Ghouls, Raiders, and other dangers of the Wasteland.

Fallout 3 has already won numerous awards including Best of Show from the official Game Critics Awards at E3 2008 and Eurogamer (UK) and GameSpy (US) awarded the game a perfect 10 out of 10 review score. The game has been featured on more than 100 covers worldwide and continues to receive outstanding review scores including a 10 out of 10 in Official Xbox Magazine (US) and five out of five stars in FHM (UK).

For more information on Fallout 3, visit http://fallout.bethsoft.com and www.prepareforthefuture.com.

About Bethesda Softworks
Bethesda Softworks, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is a premier developer and worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software and has produced numerous award-winning titles, most recently with 2006 PC and Xbox 360™ Game of the Year and RPG of the Year, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion®, and the 2002 PC and Xbox® Game of the Year and RPG of the Year, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind®. Among Bethesda’s more popular franchises are The Elder Scrolls® series and Fallout®, as well as its licensed properties, such as Star Trek®. Its product line spans the sports, racing, RPG, strategy, and action genres. For more information on Bethesda Softworks’ products, visit www.bethsoft.com.

Fallout® 3 © 2008 Bethesda Softworks LLC, a ZeniMax Media company. Bethesda Softworks, Bethesda Game Studios, ZeniMax and related logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of ZeniMax Media Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Fallout, Prepare for the Future and related logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bethesda Softworks LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other product and company names referenced herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. All Rights Reserved</blockquote>

If i can i comment that news just like that....

Bethezda say
Ble ble ble ble ble ble ble ble ble ble ble
Bunch of brahmin crap - ouch - and how it is in real live - players from poland just start to shares with "how fallout 3 is" and marks is not so good as "PC whats" or "Games else" -0 no one gived that game 10 on 10 no one. there are two parts ranking as Fallout and as normaln game
As Fallout that game get 4/10 5/10 as simple no Fallout game is better 6/10 7/10 and where is the truth...??
Most of players are trully broken playing at new Face of Fallout that game is one big crap that they say no AI - dumb story line as dumb as dialogues....

Sad sad sad... so now it`s time to say Good Bye Fallout rest in peace

So u go to the nearest shop and say hello i want not to buy a Fallout 3 did u get that game..?;)
Look at Bethezda Forum that game there is a miricle

Why do I have to wait not only more time than the USA, but a day more than Continental Europe? What's the point in that?

Malcolm_x said:
So u go to the nearest shop and say hello i want not to buy a Fallout 3 did u get that game..?;)
Look at Bethezda Forum that game there is a miricle

Close... I was more like thinking of getting it to the cashier and telling him I don't want to buy it. Would probably worth it to see his face.

So some of you plan on not playing it, but to continue to endlessly criticize it anyway? There is no excuse now. The game is out in the wild.

Look, I have been a major doubter in Bethesda since this game was announced, but I actually tried the game out.

I was pleasantly surprised.

To not play it at all, and to continue to make generalized negative statements about it, just confirms what many people think about the "hardcore Fallout community".

It's not the game Black Isle would have made, but after actually playing it, there is no way in hell I could classify it as an "abominaiton".

Beelzebud said:
So some of you plan on not playing it, but to continue to endlessly criticize it anyway? There is no excuse now. The game is out in the wild.

What, are these guys getting paid for this? Why should they play a game that doesn't look like they like it?

If someone who hasn't played it criticizes something he can't know about, fine, shoot him down. But pretending you have to play just to criticize is exactly why we never take the statement "what many people think about the "hardcore Fallout community". " seriously

Yes, I have it, and I have played it, and yes, a lot of what has been expressed here is correct.

Story is cliche', animations are horrible, combat is a pain, voice acting is absolutely childish, as well as the responses.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, but personally, I do not.

I think Pope is actually playing it.

As for me, I don't care how good it is.
It's simply not Fallout and that's enough for me to avoid it, although I'm pretty sure the atrocious writing alone would put me off even if I didn't care about it being marketed as a sequel.

Beelzebud said:
Weak, weak excuse.

This has happened every step of the way:

"You can't criticize the game, there aren't enough screen shots"
"Nobody's seen the game yet"
"Did YOU see the game?"
"Nobody's played it yet."
"Those Penny Arcade demos were only a few minutes long!"
"Bethesda hasn't released enough screen shots for you to make a decision."
"Ok, so the combat might not look that great, but you don't know what the dialogue is like."
"Those leaked videos are played by idiots. The game's better if better players go through it."
"Just wait till release. Then buy it and play it."
"How many of YOU have played the game yet and not liked it?
That many? Oh.... um... well... you have to play it more than once!"
And so on.

It just never ends.

U are wrong - i will try that game but u see that miss concepction in game rankings..?
I was worry about it - at one side game sites gived that 10/10 and at other side normal platyers like u and me - they said no way that game is not that good ....
Im on doubt about that game still try to figured out .... is that good or is that only Brahmin crapp..?

Moving Target said:
This has happened every step of the way:

"You can't criticize the game, there aren't enough screen shots"
"Nobody's seen the game yet"
"Did YOU see the game?"
"Nobody's played it yet."
"Those Penny Arcade demos were only a few minutes long!"
"Bethesda hasn't released enough screen shots for you to make a decision."
"Ok, so the combat might not look that great, but you don't know what the dialogue is like."
"Those leaked videos are played by idiots. The game's better if better players go through it."
"Just wait till release. Then buy it and play it."
"How many of YOU have played the game yet and not liked it?
That many? Oh.... um... well... you have to play it more than once!"
And so on.

It just never ends.

Indeed that is whole truth and no mather where in USA in England Sweden or Russia or Poland Bethezdas Fans allways say something like that - critize but play first otherwise keep urs mouth ......
I read that same stuff in polish fanforum - that is - first buy next if u dont liked it critized ...
we need just w8 few months that game is next RPG of the yerar - but i think Witcher is better that Fallout 3
But im not a PC gamer employee and my woice is for Bethezda worth nothing

Beelzebud said:
Look, I have been a major doubter in Bethesda since this game was announced, but I actually tried the game out.

Care to elaborate? You've been pretty consistent in bashing Bethesda yourself thus far...so how is it they suprised you so immensely? Some random quotes to help you along...

I think it's just stupid. Bethesda has no idea what dark humor is, or what the idea of the retro-future was.

Starting out as a baby has got to be one of the dumbest ideas i've ever seen implemented in a game.

As an old fan of the series, they can forget about getting me to buy 1 copy of this, let alone 10.

When you cut through the PR bullshit, what we have here is a Fallout Total Conversion for Oblivion.

I think the thing that bugs me the most is just their utter lack of respect for the source material...

As much as I dislike Bethesda for what they're doing to Fallout, my hate is infinite for the owners of Interplay, for allowing it to happen.

At this point I've just resigned myself to the fact that Bethesda, like it or not, owns the IP now, and are free to rape it as hard as they see fit. And rape it they will.

Beelzebud said:

To not play it at all, and to continue to make generalized negative statements about it, just confirms what many people think about the "hardcore Fallout community".

It's not the game Black Isle would have made, but after actually playing it, there is no way in hell I could classify it as an "abominaiton".

Played it. Finished it in 11 hours. Got all the endings. IMO, it's shit and boring to boot. I did a few sidequests, like the slavers/mesmertron, but I wasn't interested enough to do much else. I'm not even comparing it to the previous Fallouts, just judging it as a standalone game. Oblivion was better IMO - at least the scenery and monsters were more interesting.

It all still boils down to a mindless and incredibly easy dungeon hack. At the end, I was just punching guys in power armor and dropping them in a couple hits. The AI is just as bugged as in Oblivion too.

[spoiler:e3283859e4]Oh, and giant robots? Seriously?[/spoiler:e3283859e4]

*Pope - Added spoiler tags.

Got it, liking it so far. Feels kind of like Fallout. A few dialogue tics in Megaton, but its certainly playable and enjoyable. However, haven't got very far yet.

They're launching it tonight here, in Russia, too. There will be some stores open at night with game zones, where anyone will be able to try the game.

Back