Fallout 4 1.2 patch is live on Steam

Kilus

Not Australian
Orderite
The first patch for Fallout 4 is now live on Steam and should auto update unless you have that option disabled. Patch notes:

New Features
  • Number pad keys can now be used for remapping (PC)
  • Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container (PC)
Fixes

• General memory and stability improvements
  • Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
  • Optimizations to skinned decal rendering
  • Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
  • Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
  • Fixed issue with "When Freedom Calls" where the quest would not complete
  • During "Confidence Man" fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
  • Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
  • Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly (PC)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/377160/announcements/detail/128714203011935442

Console patches should go live later in the week.

Wonder what stuff this will break? Too bad they aren't like CD Projekt where they add nice little updates to the game after they launch. FREE updates.

None of the bugs I have actually encountered are in that list. Including a few I understand hits everyone on all systems.

SoI got out of a building and the game went crazy. Amazing patch Bethesda...

Wow, the game is LITERALY running worse now, it freezes on quick save and the loading times have gotten even worse...

Last edited:
I have installed the beta patch before and now in Steam I have the [beta] tag still behind my Fallout 4 installation.. anyone else have the same?
I'm not sure if I have the latest patch or not. Can anyone who has this latest patch tell me what version is shown in-game?

Wow, the game is LITERALY running worse now, it freezes on quick save and the loading times have gotten even worse...
Heh, stay classy, Bethesda.

By the way, is it just me, or is this game not nearly as popular as it should what with the gigantic hype around it? I remember 2011 November, everyone was playing and jerking off to Skyrim, making all kinds of shitty memes (arrow in de knee derp). I don't see the same happening for F4.

By the way, is it just me, or is this game not nearly as popular as it should what with the gigantic hype around it? I remember 2011 November, everyone was playing and jerking off to Skyrim, making all kinds of shitty memes (arrow in de knee derp). I don't see the same happening for F4.

People are growing slightly tired of the formula when better options are presenting themselves.

So I am still getting the TAB key bug. Bash/PowerAttack/Grenade are still the same fucking button.... How hard is for them to change that? seriously...

So I am still getting the TAB key bug. Bash/PowerAttack/Grenade are still the same fucking button.... How hard is for them to change that? seriously...

I've been getting bugs with the Pipboy not working when exiting power armor, but working again when I try entering it again.

For me the only fix is quiting the game and restarting it from scratch. I actually got stuck on a stupid Pipboy minigame because I loaded the wrong holotape into a terminal and the "Eject" option was greyed out, the TAB didn't work and the mouse disappears during the minigames so I had to load a previous file...

I have installed the beta patch before and now in Steam I have the [beta] tag still behind my Fallout 4 installation.. anyone else have the same?
I'm not sure if I have the latest patch or not. Can anyone who has this latest patch tell me what version is shown in-game?
I have the same thing.. Wow they even can't properly release their patch, let alone fixing bugs lol :razz:

Last edited:
I have the same thing.. Wow they even can't properly release the patch, let alone bugs lol

Maybe they decided to be honest and just declare Fallout 4 as what it is: A public beta-test.

Well the patch didn't fix the frame drops. Not like I expected it would but eh...

You can fix that issue for TAB by using ALT + TAB then getting back into the game. It's funny that those Unofficial Patch creators are already working on an unofficial patch at the moment in order to fix all the things Bethesda will not fix.

So they finally fixed that "stuck in terminal" bug I kept running into that not even the tcl command would fix? How the fuck did that get through <s>alpha</s> beta testing?

Maybe they decided to be honest and just declare Fallout 4 as what it is: A public beta-test.
You could have said the same about the release of Fallout 2. I'm still grumpy about having to restart when I had the memory error from visiting too many locations, and the game crashing every time you try to go somewhere now. Sure it was patched, but saves weren't compatible... Not to mention the multitude of other bugs and unfinished content. Sure it wasn't as bad as a Bethesda game, but it was still pretty dire.

You could have said the same about the release of Fallout 2. I'm still grumpy about having to restart when I had the memory error from visiting too many locations, and the game crashing every time you try to go somewhere now. Sure it was patched, but saves weren't compatible... Not to mention the multitude of other bugs and unfinished content. Sure it wasn't as bad as a Bethesda game, but it was still pretty dire.

Indeed, Fallout 2 was terribly buggy on launch (and for quite a while after that, too).
The german version was especially shoddy, with tons of grammar errors in the translation.

On FunnyJunk, an imageboard, there is still quite a lot of daily Fallout 4 posts.
Depends on where you look I guess.

Back