Fallout as a serialized radio drama

Hassknecht

For hate's sake.
Staff member
Admin
Board Cop oTO
Orderite
The Fallout fan community has brought up some quite interesting projects in the past, from post-apocalyptic mock-radio stations to live-action shows.
In a rather interesting take on media adaptions of Fallout, the Spoony Bard Podcast (no relation to Spoony/Noah Antwiler) now has started its second season, which is an adpation of Fallout in the form of a serialized radio drama like those popular in the 30's.
http://thespoonybardpodcast.libsyn.com/episode-01-into-the-wasteland
Enjoy!

Pretty neato, though I'm not really a fan of the narrator - way too try-hardish with the radio voice. Also, the voice of Natalia doesn't try very hard to make it seem like she isn't reading off of a script.

But overall, I love how they fit the soundtrack, sound effects, and dialogue straight from the game into it.

Last edited:
Every time I hear "Spoony Bard" I think of Noah. Having literally the same name also throws me off because Noah also plays with Bards.

Pretty neato, though I'm not really a fan of the narrator - way too try-hardish with the radio voice. Also, the voice of Natalia doesn't try very hard to make it seem like she isn't reading off of a script.

I think the narrator is doing a fine job! Just kidding; I am narrating it. The problem is, there are some 900 lines of narration and so it isn't really practical for someone to do it who isn't, you know, available at all times to do it on a whim if edits or re-recordings need to be done. I wanted to sound like a weathered wasteland dude, but then I realized it sounded too much like I was trying to do a Ron Perlman impression, so I changed it, and, well...I guess, when I hear it, it sounds incredibly hammy and goofy, but the whole project is rather hammy and goofy and since I can't fake a weathered wastelander very well, I'm going to ham the shit out of it.

Your criticisms are noted, and we'll work on them! We don't get enough feedback; our moms think we're doing great!

I pinged them an e-mail. There is the potential to build a voice acting mod for FO1 off the back of this.

I think the narrator is doing a fine job! Just kidding; I am narrating it. The problem is, there are some 900 lines of narration and so it isn't really practical for someone to do it who isn't, you know, available at all times to do it on a whim if edits or re-recordings need to be done. I wanted to sound like a weathered wasteland dude, but then I realized it sounded too much like I was trying to do a Ron Perlman impression, so I changed it, and, well...I guess, when I hear it, it sounds incredibly hammy and goofy, but the whole project is rather hammy and goofy and since I can't fake a weathered wastelander very well, I'm going to ham the shit out of it.

Your criticisms are noted, and we'll work on them! We don't get enough feedback; our moms think we're doing great!
Keep doing what you do! I know personally how helpful criticism can be, and as original of an idea this whole thing is, I only want it to do better!

And in terms of light-hearted and somewhat goofy Ron Perlman impressions go - Not bad ;)

I know this is a super old thread but just wanted to thank Calvin and RPG Rabbit for this super enjoyable series. I downloaded all the episodes and listen to them regularly. The music, sound effects, and Calvin's Ron Perlman-ish narration capture the bleak atmosphere of Fallout 1 perfectly. Hope you do Fallout 2 at some point!

Back