FALLOUT CCG

Dukeanumberone

It Wandered In From the Wastes
So I did a search and nothing popped, so I am assuming this has not been discussed. It seems to me that Fallout would translate very well into a CCG for some short term fun. I am not posing this as a consideration for licensed merch, but more of a suggestion / call on the community. I am thinking something more along the lines of Vampire TES than straight up MTG, with some MTG elements.
I would def be a big contributor/creator but need guidance from people more familiar with the lore / original game mechanics.
Anyone interested?

Basic ideas OTTOMH, play as a single PC, deck has:
weapons, ammo, drugs, stimpacks, scenarios that affect the pc (like enchantments in mtg((not actual magic just the mechanics))), scenarios that affect the "world" (world enchants) , random encounters (like instants) etc

What i have trouble with is the story/ object of game, would it be PvP or PvW, both/ all players add collective decks together and play as open world PvP/ PvW ? Dunno, any ides, any takers?

It's a very interesting concept. But my problem is that card games have a lot of limitations. I don't want to stray too far away from your original concept, but wouldn't a board game be better? Maybe something on the lines of D&D?

Well the benefit of a ccg that is built by fans is that it would be free to share , someone creates a char/ weapon/ random event card and anyone who likes it could throw it in their mix just by printing it, thus customizing the the game to your liking. I have played pen & papers, but their is something about having a set piece to look at . Also, I have built board games from the ground up and also using established mechanics less complicated than the SPECIAL system .In order to capture the world of the rpg source material faithfully, it turned into a game that never ended. Play-testing lasted 52 hrs before we called it quits and gave up. I can only imagine the never ending-ness of a Fallout board game.

I realize by the views/posts there is not much interest so I will refrain from bumping until I have some examples done.

Back