Fallout Collection PC DVD Complete Fix

Azreal

First time out of the vault
Ok, I kept getting this error cause I own the Fallout Collection (PC DVD)
Witch was when I tried to run the Fallout Tactics game I would get the "please insert Fallout tactics CD error".

This is a fix for Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 and also fixes for Fallout and Fallout 2 in a nut shell.

(I do apologize to the admins if this is a repeat post and they can do whatever they wish to this post as they see fit this is to help people run the game only!)

When you insert the disc you get the HTML install screen after installing all 3 of the games
(Fallout, Fallout2 and Fallout Tactics)

Fallout 1 Fix:
Step 1. Download the Fallout HD patch v4.1.7.
Step 2. Extract the zip file to your Fallout Directory on you computer then run it.
Step 3. After you have run the file a new Icon should appear in the Fallout folder called (f1_res_Config)
Run it, set up to your PC specs and then Enable.
Step 4. Play

Fallout 2 Fix:
Step 1. Download the Fallout 2 HD patch v4.1.7.
Step 2. Extract the zip file to your Fallout 2 Directory on you computer then run it.
Step 3. After you have run the file a new Icon should appear in the Fallout 2 folder called (f2_res_Config)
Run it, Set up to your PC specs and then Enable.
Step 4. Play

Fallout Tactics:
Step 1. Download the Fallout Tactics: BOS v1.27 patch (I think is the official patch)
Step 2. Download the Fallout Tactics BOS HD patch v1.0
Step 3. Navigate and find Fallout Tactics v1.27 [ENGLISH] No-CD Patch #3 from gamescopyworld.com then download it.
Step 4. Extract the FTBOS v1.27 Patch, HD patch and the No-CD Patch to the Fallout Tactics folder on your computer
Step 5. Run the FTBOS v1.27 app
Step 6. Run the HD Patch app
Step 7. Right click on the Serenity No-CD Patch first and set compatibility to Windows XP and make sure to set the run as administrator as well. (This is important) apply the settings.
Step 8. now run the No-CD patch app
Step 9. play

This worked for me and I had to find most of this out myself with some help from Google, but as far as I can tell there are no forum posts that mention turning on the admin setting for the No-CD patch witch fixed my problem as I have the DVD collection.

Edit: Just a quick update, I am unsure if any of the patches have been updated since I posted here but I am sure that if there are any the tips here would still be the same simply change the patch number to what ever is now relevant. (example. instead of it being patch v1.27 it's v1.28, v1.29 and so on) until theres a patch that just fixes this altogether.

Last edited:
oh I see well I don't know what it was but that wasn't working for me.
I had to get the No-CD patch from gamescopyworld.com before I could get mine to work.
But this tutorial is for everyone and anyone that is looking for this info as I only found half tutorials that gave half the info and not one of them mentioned running admin mode.
So after I got it all working I decided to write it down on the internet somewhere so no one has the same trouble I did.

Well, it's been three years since I went out into the wasteland and I've returned. I am shocked there is still no easy fix for the Fallout DVD collection. Tactics still remains a thorn in my side to run perfectly, Glad I wrote this down to get Tactics working again.

Last edited:
I'm running Win 10 and am having a problem with the No-CD patch, it continues to fail on the CRC check, I've installed both the 1.27 patch and HD patch and set compatibility to XP svc pack 3, I feel like I've tried everything and still no luck. Any suggestions?

The 1.27 patch is the "No CD patch" and the complete collection has the 1.27 patch already. Does the game work already? If so you don't need to patch it, just try running it without the disk.

Back